• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your opinion for qe and sumo on Hatsan Flash

Did some testing last night with the Hatsan.

1. Without the QE suppression system and the Sumo only.

2. With the Qe suppression system and the Sumo.

Results to the ear no change at all. On the meter within .3db. 

So this comes down to preference. Now i love the look of the bare barrel with the sumo but having to run a grommet int he scope to gun bracket has me in fear of it getting hot over time in truck or whatever it may be and shifting somewhat. Like if i have it in a soft case and it is laying with any pressure on the barrel for a long period of time. Now when running the barrel cover ie the QE suppression system it does make everything extremely sturdy but adds about 6-8 inches to the rifle.

I would be taking this back and forth on a 1.5 hour drive one way to our farm in the hills to hunt and play around with. so it would be in some sort of case hard or soft.

Whats your thoughts on how to run it with ir without the qe suppression system?

Thanks

So the thing with the qe and the sumo you have to watch out for clipping I had that issue with my pup, and are these the grommets you are talking about from this video he seems to have had luck with them.
1581836788_20881961255e48e9f4354ce2.31481626_Screenshot_20200216-020458_Gallery.jpg

Covering it from the sun was not a huge issue. What I meant was just the outside forces of things happening to it are a lot more likely without the qe system than with it. Just makes things a little more difficult like if you brush it on a limb it may actually change the poi but then again it may not. Just trying to determine the best route to go about figuring out the best way so keep it.