Your Next Air Rifle

I used to think I knew what I'd certainly get next for quite a few months and then realized I was out of time with the new air rifles found everyplace looking for homes.

I even looked at the 2020 54 Air King Pro I had ordered more than a year ago before the virus changed everything.

So without saying anything after ordering the .177 rifled D54 Air King Pro Red Laminate except, "When's it coming?" to my distinguished importer the whole thing fell though by virus and then later by red laminate stocks bedding the D54 .22s were splitting and cracking across the Pistol Grip in arrival "packages" suited to "protect" any rifle from baggage handlers to a point of course.

So my sale for the 2020 Red Laminate D54 Pro in either .177 or .22 (the .22s made it but had all been busted in cargo to deliver) vaporized and thought of getting a Daystate .177 PCP instead to add to my "old" Beeman Falcon R-x .25 and newer HW44 .22 with all of them working fine to this day. 

But PCPs I have require a lot of tire pumping whereas ONE cock of a Break Barrel Springer gives you all you need. And the best for the first one shot.

So my next air rifle will be the HW98 .22 after having and owning and cherishing my .177 HW98, .20 HW98, and .25HW98.

They are around 6 c notes last time I looked and I am still not successful in getting permission to buy one.

By the way, I make the most money around around here yet she manages our accounts.

So far I've had no reason to question her financial awareness.

Kindly to all who have or do not have a wife that manages parts of your life!

I let my better half run the financing. I don't want to deal with it all. I tell her what I am going to buy airgun wise and then just kick back for a while to let all of the sure to come dust settle. Later, after the dust settles, I hear this "when are you going to buy that air rifle" or "your birthday is coming up", or "what do you want for Christmas". I start earlier than when I want something, too. Have been married 35 years now. You gotta give them some say is all.

The first 3 years my wife ran the finances. Stressed the hell out of her, so I've been doing it the last 24 years. We each have "permissible excessive expenditures " which we define as a reasonable amount of money for an unnecessary purchase and we dont require notifying the other. Over the years the monetary amount has changed.... I've managed to get my Diana 48 and Asp 20 classified in this category!

I don’t know when I can get my next air rifle but I think it’s gonna be a .20 or a .25 hw98 or Hw95. The Weihrauch .20’s and .25’s I read about on here all seem to be very accurate. I have two Weihrauchs a .22 and a .177 so I NEED the other calibers. The last gun I bought was a .22LR powder burner that I told my wife I NEEDED for steel challenge. I have my needs and wants confused but it works. She needs high end purses and I need guns. 

I don’t know when I can get my next air rifle but I think it’s gonna be a .20 or a .25 hw98 or Hw95. The Weihrauch .20’s and .25’s I read about on here all seem to be very accurate. I have two Weihrauchs a .22 and a .177 so I NEED the other calibers. The last gun I bought was a .22LR powder burner that I told my wife I NEEDED for steel challenge. I have my needs and wants confused but it works. She needs high end purses and I need guns.

I have all calibers in various springers from same company in HW.

In the HW95/98 zone the power and the accuracy is absolutely there in the BEST type of PACKAGE (mv and KE) for ANY caliber. There is NO caliber that CAN'T work in the HW98. If you figure out the rifle and the stock for your shooting the caliber means NOTHING. 

In the HW95/98 zone the power and the accuracy is absolutely there in the BEST type of PACKAGE (mv and KE) for ANY caliber. There is NO caliber that CAN'T work in the HW98. If you figure out the rifle and the stock for your shooting the caliber means NOTHING.

I was considering the hw95/98 too, but i read on a british and a greek forum that people had problems with modern production runs of these two. The issue was that the piston was "eating" the cylinder or something like that.

I was considering the hw95/98 too, but i read on a british and a greek forum that people had problems with modern production runs of these two. The issue was that the piston was "eating" the cylinder or something like that.

This isn't what is happening with me but I will pay attention especially to my HW98 .177 and HW98 .25 that are "newer" ones while my .20 is a solid barrelled "old" one.

So far they are all working fine; but that may be a problem I may encounter in the future for the "new" version if such is the case.

In the mean I was going to add a Final Rifle the HW98 .22 to my three other HW98s (.177, .20, .25) but couldn't find them available much to my surprise.

I decided to get an HW35E .22 Silver and Walnut from AOA at an incredible price since I LAST bought an HW35E Blue in .177!

So instead of completing the set of "HW98s" I completed my own set of HW35Es in Blue and Silver and .177 and .22 for FOUR in the WHOLE collection of HW35E's!

By the way, if you want an over 8 pound Walnut rifle with locking barrel for accuracy pick it! And then think about how EASY they are to cock and lock! No more thumping on break barrels at ALL! Just an easy swing to cock and lock and know the pellet inside that HW35 E is ending up RIGHT THERE from 20 to 45 yards--they are THAT accurate!

This isn't what is happening with me but I will pay attention especially to my HW98 .177 and HW98 .25 that are "newer" ones while my .20 is a solid barrelled "old" one.

So far they are all working fine; but that may be a problem I may encounter in the future for the "new" version if such is the case.

In the mean I was going to add a Final Rifle the HW98 .22 to my three other HW98s (.177, .20, .25) but couldn't find them available much to my surprise.

I decided to get an HW35E .22 Silver and Walnut from AOA at an incredible price since I LAST bought an HW35E Blue in .177!

So instead of completing the set of "HW98s" I completed my own set of HW35Es in Blue and Silver and .177 and .22 for FOUR in the WHOLE collection of HW35E's!

By the way, if you want an over 8 pound Walnut rifle with locking barrel for accuracy pick it! And then think about how EASY they are to cock and lock! No more thumping on break barrels at ALL! Just an easy swing to cock and lock and know the pellet inside that HW35 E is ending up RIGHT THERE from 20 to 45 yards--they are THAT accurate!

I really like the hw35e. The walnut stock is really beautiful!!! How solid is the barrel lockup mechanism compared to other air rifles?? I imagine that it has to be pretty robust since the whole thing is made of steel.