Tuning Your M3 Tunes Here

room temp changes also th digital gauges really will tell you
I did a few dry shots and the regulator finally shows 150. I think it just needs to be 'shot.' Also, FX USA just replied with some numbers to try. Hopefully that's a good start. Not happy with the slow leak, though. My Avenger can go on for years without any leak. But I think with so many regulated adjusters, something has to give.

If you’re too lazy or impatient to read this topic to learn some things about the gun you bought, you and the Impact might have some relationship problems.
Thats a bold statement, When I am trying something new I always ask for a starting tune, I may not have but an hour to play around before it gets dark, then still need time at the range to test grouping etc. I thought that was the intension of this thread was for sharing and advice. Seems to me you might have a lot of ass time and assume everyone else does also.

I just received my new FX M3 .25 600mm. The shop I order have it tune shooting 33.95 grain. Macro 16, micro 4.5. First reg @ 180, 2nd reg is @ 130. Is this a little over kill for the tune? Please help🙏
That seems about right for the shorter barrel with heavier pellet. Did they provide a tuning card with settings and FPS output? I know Utah Airguns and Airguns of AZ includes that.

More importantly, how does it shoot for what you are looking to do with it?

I've owned mine a little over a year with zero problems. It's so smooth and compact with newly added 500mm and 300cc bottle.

Happy New Year!

Reactions: Michaelvang
I just received my new FX M3 .25 600mm. The shop I order have it tune shooting 33.95 grain. Macro 16, micro 4.5. First reg @ 180, 2nd reg is @ 130. Is this a little over kill for the tune? Please help🙏
Yes it is. MO. But, shoot it first and find out if it works for your liking and environment.

Patrick

Hi, anyone with experience tuning M3 using 0,177 13.4 gr pellets? Is it capable of one hole at 25 meters?
you can try macro 16, micro 3.2 , valve just less than 4 ( 4 ring not visible ), Reg 1 150, Reg 2 90 ,
standard pre powerblock M3, 600 mm barrel, perfectly tuned for 50 m with 1/2 in group @ 890 fps

this may be a starting point for your tune ( adjust the valve very slighly and shoot mininmum 10-15 shots before changing any setting again. hope you will find the sweet spot of your gun

Reactions: Himanshumaru
FX impact M3 .22 cal 700mm barrel Superior STX liner everything factory

JSB KNOCKOUT 25.39 . Diameter .217
Using pellets port not the dual transfer port
1st reg at 160 second reg at 110
Power wheel on 16
Micro on 5
Valve on line 4 barely visible
Getting 947fps average

1½ in group at 100 yard I love knockout I shoot Little birds at 100 yards and a pop louder than the gun

Last edited:
I found an incredible tune for my 22 800mm tensioned barrel. My M3 has the power block, AirMarksman Backbone rail, and tungsten hammer installed. I'm also using the NSA pin probe.
I did all my chronograph work on a LabRadar.
With this tune, I'm shooting NSA .2165, 31.2 grain slugs, and getting an average of 1030 fps with an extreme spread of 9 fps and a standard deviation of 2.2 fps. Plugged the numbers in JBM ballistic coefficient calculator and I'm getting a B.C. of 0.119
Shooting like a laser beam! I can pick individual pecan hulls on the top of a pecan tree at 112 yards as practice and pop them off one after another.
I also tried the .218 31.2 grain and honestly I could not tell much of a difference. Both shot extremely well.
I've got a 300 bar 700cc bottle get 2 1/2 mags per fill = 70 shots. A perfect balance of accuracy, power, and shot count.

1st Reg = 180-185ish
2nd Reg = 160
Macro = 12
Micro = 3.5
Valve is a 1/4 turn in from line 4.

Anyone have an economy tune for the compact 22?

From the factory (or Utah Airguns at least), mine is shooting the 18.1 FX pellets at 880 fps and shoots one hole at 20 yards.

I’d be fine taking it all the way down into the 500s but I’m not sure where to start.

— DY
Could you share the tune from Utah? I’m just across the line in NC around Lancaster. I’ve been messing with mine, and I seem to have a really poor shot count with my compact bottle. Can’t figure out where it was when I got it, I had documented it, but my book got wet in a little mishap. I’m shooting h&n 18.21 at 880-890.

Could you share the tune from Utah? I’m just across the line in NC around Lancaster. I’ve been messing with mine, and I seem to have a really poor shot count with my compact bottle. Can’t figure out where it was when I got it, I had documented it, but my book got wet in a little mishap. I’m shooting h&n 18.21 at 880-890.
What are your current settings?

Patrick

FX impact M3 .22 cal 700mm barrel Superior STX liner everything factory

JSB KNOCKOUT 25.39 . Diameter .217
Using pellets port not the dual transfer port
1st reg at 160 second reg at 110
Power wheel on 16
Micro on 5
Valve on line 4 barely visible
Getting 947fps average

1½ in group at 100 yard I love knockout I shoot Little birds at 100 yards and a pop louder than the gun
Did you try the slug port? Curious as to pellet vs slug port.