• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Your help please with fx impact regulator action oring

Hi everybody.I tried to make reseal servise my impact (huma)regulator and when I reinstall is blowing a lot of air from the face of the body . All orings have been changed but I cant install the action oring.My impact is the x third generation before the last model before the mk11 come in the market. I cant even confirm if the action oring is in its place . I can see a tiny groove under the threads of the regulator body in the action.I have spend a full day trying to install an oring 10x1.5 and finally I quit.

I am familiar with all the parts of the gun and I reassemble it successfully many many times ( I don't even remember how many).I have full modified the gun from first day I bought it brand new and I never have a problem so far.I replaced as well from day one the AMP regulator with Huma extra high pressure regulator and was very consistent always at 169 bar even after long periods the gun was sitting( months). Last week I start to have inconsistent numbers from 169 up to 177 bar and I decided to give it a service.I have spare parts new huma piston new adjustment screw and new washer discs from huma. 

I tried as well to install the AMP regulator which is completely new but is blowing again too much air from the face and from the side of the action.I assume something is wrong with the action oring which I cant install and I cant even confirm if the old one is in place.

Any recommendations regarding the oring size is welcome.Thank you in advance

Hi Yo. Thanks for your quick reply.

I am talking for this oring that is located inside the action.All the rest orings in regulator body and piston have been replaced.

In Airbulks video in YouTube the size of this oring is mentioned as 10x1.5 ( NBR 90) for impact x third gen. For previous models 9x1.5.

The point is that I cant even identify if is missing or no.Is a very dark and tiny place to work. After hundred times of reassemble the gun successfully thought that I know everything for this gun with big confidence since I open the regulator. I really quit.I was trying a full day.

My question is whats the right size of action oring ? I think impact x 3 gen is wearing same regulators like all latest mk11. 

Hi everybody.I tried to make reseal servise my impact (huma)regulator and when I reinstall is blowing a lot of air from the face of the body . All orings have been changed but I cant install the action oring.My impact is the x third generation before the last model before the mk11 come in the market. I cant even confirm if the action oring is in its place . I can see a tiny groove under the threads of the regulator body in the action.I have spend a full day trying to install an oring 10x1.5 and finally I quit.

I am familiar with all the parts of the gun and I reassemble it successfully many many times ( I don't even remember how many).I have full modified the gun from first day I bought it brand new and I never have a problem so far.I replaced as well from day one the AMP regulator with Huma extra high pressure regulator and was very consistent always at 169 bar even after long periods the gun was sitting( months). Last week I start to have inconsistent numbers from 169 up to 177 bar and I decided to give it a service.I have spare parts new huma piston new adjustment screw and new washer discs from huma. 

I tried as well to install the AMP regulator which is completely new but is blowing again too much air from the face and from the side of the action.I assume something is wrong with the action oring which I cant install and I cant even confirm if the old one is in place.

Any recommendations regarding the oring size is welcome.Thank you in advance

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having please feel free to email in and get in touch with our technicians if your experiencing any more troubles. Our email is [email protected] or you can call in (866) 639-0772 between 9 am – 4pm EST. 

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Finally with a modified tool suggested from the member jbravo103 I manage to touch the action oring and to remove it easy .I clean all the area and I installed a new oring 10x1.5 very easy.I reseal carefully both regulators the huma and the AMP which was new anyway ( without any use).I tried first the huma and after the AMP. Is blowing instantly the air beside the power wheel ( you can see in attached lpicture).The only difference is that is not blowing anymore from the face of regulator body and the adjustment screw.I tried again and again and again with both regulators.I tried as well different orings and only the 10x1.5 oring is matching perfect as was expected. Do you believe that I damage the groove in action after all the previous attempts with different tools? I cant see visually important scratches and it doesn't making sense because was blowing from the same point before even I touch the action oring from the beginning .Any ideas why is blowing from this point the air instantly?

download.png
20201210_112042.1607610594.jpg

download.png
20201210_075428.1607610609.jpg

download.png
20201210_102119.1607610637.jpg

Hmmm, Did you use a Buna 90 with the replacement 10x1.5? Did you replace the O-ring inside the AMP reg body for sealing the piston? I suppose it's possible that you did some damage depending on how aggressive you were, but I'm thinking not with having experience and not being of soft brass inside the action.

I would go back in and have a look around again. The reg assembly has to go in without any tilt or resistance. Maybe you you nicked it on reassembly, or a piece of the aluminum from the action threads came loose and wedged between the two. It's probably just a gremlin like that. I used silicon grease for all O-rings as an aid, and for longevity of the O-rings. Also a little burnishing around the lower reg body where it seals to that 10x1.5. I don't know much, so just trying to help you think.

I just rebuilt my AMP reg a few days ago without issues. This cleared up the creep right away. I didn't tackle the action O-ring though. I'm interested in this special tool you mentioned so that I may replace the action O-ring. It hasn't leaked for me yet. I wanted to though, but didn't have a tool on-hand that I felt would work in a timely manner.

Thanks triggertreat.

You can find attached the modified tool.Actually the member who gave me the idea open a tiny hole in a type of road and he insert inside a sewing needlle.Me i took a metal road and i use an epoxy glue to stuck a sewing needle. It stuck very strong but i rap it with electric tape as,well.The idea is to attach by any way a sewing needle to a longer rod so you can handle it easier. I can confirm that i remove it with the first attempt because the needle is much more sharp than any other tool.You just touch it and is coming out.In my previous attempts with othee sharp tools i was trying to identify where does exist this oring a full day. 

I just now discover that this brass screw in the action is a exactly a half turn loose.Is it possible to blowing the air beside the power wheel? 

The membee who gave me the idea for this tool text me before few minutes and he believes that is not the blowing from the regulator if the air is coming out beside the power wheel. He suggest me to check the 2 orings in the plenum between the action clamp.And maybe he is right. But i was very confident that is connected with the regulator area because i reseal all the gun before 10 days and i didnt disassemble it after this. I mean to work in regulator i only degass the bottle and the plenum and i only remove the trigger.But maybe he is right.Because we know that when you degass an impact many issues can appear again.To be honest when i reseal all the gun before 10 days i did not replace these 2 orings between the action clamp.Now i will start disassemble all the gun again and will show whats happening .My question from all impact experts is when the air is blowing from this place i showing in the picture in my previous post ( beside the power wheel )can be related with the regulator area or is something else? I mean maybe after degas anything else became loose? And what about this brass that was loose half turn? 

Regarding your questions about the orings of the regulator i change all the possible orings very smoothly. For both regulators.Huma and AMP.

I will assemble all the gun again and lets see....

Any help and recommendations will be appreciated.Thank you 

download.png
20201210_180130.1607617668.jpg

download.png
20201210_175453.1607617669.jpg

If it's not leaking where it was before you might have fixed the reg issue. But now it's leaking at the power wheel? 

If that's the case as mentioned, I'd check both the orings on the grip side of the plenum as mentioned, and also the one under the very thin "oring retainer" at the very tip of plenum. That seal that seals the valve rod to the plenum under that thin "oring retainer"

Under here 

20201210_102434.1607624698.jpg

Thanks Glem.Chally. 

I just reassemble all the gun. I clean and replace the two orings 9x1.5 in plenum between the grip.This you are mentioning last i forgot to check it completely and i never replace it since i bought the gun .The gun continue blowing air beside the power wheel.Is very possible to be this one otherwise i cant explain it. I will catch it tomorrow morning again is already late night here and I am trying to fix it since morning .

First time I feel that I quit by repairing the impact after 2 years . At least it seems that I managed to fix the regulator.lets see....

Thank you all for your support

Thanks Glem .

I have 2 fx power plenum kits that I didnt use them since last January( right now I have in my gun the Poland plenum more than a year and I didnt have any problems). I face a problem when I bought the fx power plenum in installation.The side of the plenum was impossible to enter in the grip area .I lube it I tried by turning it slowly and I damage the two orings . When I realise that the diameter was bigger than the Poland plenum or the original impact plenum(21cc) i tried to install it without the 2 orings just from curiosity. Imagine..... again was impossible and the hex screw of the grip was completely loosed and removed.Even with big force in the end no result. Maybe was a factory fail .All these happened last January. 

Today I manage to install one of them ( the second fx power plenum) and I can say that with a small effort and little lube was easy enough.So the plenum kit is completely new ,the orings inside brand new and I expect to stop the blowing beside the power wheel. 

I didnt feel the gun with air today because I am waiting a list of orings NBR 90 ( mainly for the regulator area )and will reach tomorrow morning to me. Actually I checked all the diagram of the impact mkii and I order all the possible NBR 90 that needs an impact.I have all the necessary orings from first day I bought the gun but all are NBR 70. Unfortunately before an hour accidentally I notice that in latest fx diagrams the 7.5 x2 ( C41 ,19225) in the body of regulator is mentioning as NBR 70 and in some videos in YouTube as NBR 90.

I really want to reseal tomorrow both regulators carefully from the beginning with the correct orings .

Does anybody knows what hardness is the C41 oring ? Is a typing mistake of fx or is really NBR 70? Because if is NBR 90 maybe I will face problem again. And I am a little sceptical if I install an nbr 70 instead of an NBR 90 is this a reason to blow the air instantly? I mean the nbr 70 will start leak in very short time like hours or days or will not seal at all ?

Another problem that appear today is the trigger .In my attempts ( too many today) to feel air the gun and to try it for leeks, I was installing the trigger to cock before feeling and removing to work in regulator area. .You know witch part.i didnt touch anything else in the trigger and all the screws are tight and impossible to move without force.The problem: I tried to install the trigger and is stuck . Stuck like you put an epoxy glue! Is not moving at all. I remove it and tried again. And again. Same is stuck.

download.png
20201211_221538.1607718075.jpg

download.png
20201211_221638.1607718076.jpg

download.png
20201211_221808.1607718077.jpg

download.png
20201211_221938.1607718078.jpg

I want to finish with the leaks tomorrow and I will start after with the trigger problem. I will add some pictures.

Finally I managed to reseal succefully the AMP regulator after receiving the Correct set of NBR 90 orings .Just for your information so other members can know for possible repairs I didnt manage to seal the gun for a full week by using nbr 70 orings

1)The regulator adjustment screw 2x1 nbr 90.

2) The action internal oring 10x1.5 nbr 90

3 The main regulator body 7.5x2 nbr 90.

The small 2x1 in regulator adjustment screw was a big pain to install them. I have a bag of 50 orings and forcing with my nails I brake around 10 orings. The nbr 70 are more elastic and easier to install but the nbr 90 are harder less elastic and are braking easier.

As I mentioned in my previous post I removed the Poland plenum wich obviously has few orings damaged inside and the gun was blowing all the air instantly beside the power wheel.After installing with a little force but gently the fx power plenum it seems that I damaged the 2 orings between the action clamp . 

So in my new attempt today to feel the gun i managed to feel 120 bars only and the gun was leaking from the power plenum between the action clamp.I spay with leaking foam in regulator area and no leaks .The leak beside the power wheel as well stoped .

I know that the leak between the action clamp is easy to be repaired. For me the biggest satisfaction is that I stopped the leak from regulator because I was almost sure that I damaged the action oring groove.

Tomorrow I will fix the plenum leak and after I will check what I can do with the stuck trigger .

I hope that I will not have any small creep from regulator when I feel completelly the bottle.

One small notice. The regulator body oring 7.5x 2 is mentioning in fx diagram as nbr 70 but I think is a typing mistake and the right one is nbr 90.

Thats all for today , thank you so much for all your advices.

Looks like you made some progress with the reg! Thanks for the tip with removing the action O-ring. My concern was really re-installing it.

I'm not sure what issue you are having with the trigger. With mine, I just pulled the one pin and all fell out like in your picture. Re-installing it was just a matter of aligning the spring and the circular piece while inserting the pin through the circular piece. I did lube both sides of the main rail and the circular piece which was dry, but the lube was already in there in a glob and not being used. The trigger is very smooth now and retracts back on the first stage without having to manually push it back. Glad I found that. I can quit talking about the bad trigger now. It's really a nice trigger now.

Maybe try and cock the gun carefully halfway or so and see if that might free it up for you?

Thanks triggertreat.

Regarding the installation of action oring I can say that I install it 5 different times very easy. Push the oring in any direction to reach down there and try with a non sharp rod to insert inside the groove just one side of the oring . After while you are trying to place the rest in the groove you will see it itself suddenly to disappearing completely. Then you done. I have my concerns as well in the begging when I listen in Ernest video that is the most time consuming oring to install.I thought I was lucky the first time .Buy it was the same easy the rest four times.I think is the tiny bore area that making us worry.

Regarding the trigger stuck i am start thinking that maybe a tiny washer from regulator set fall accidently inside there and stuck bellow the upper triger bar because when I tried to insert my hammer set( hammer ,hammer weight and spring) the hammer wasnt going deep enough in receiver bore because the trigger plate was blocking it just a little bit.I have many sets of washers so i can not confirm if i lost one and is there .Is very possible every time i was blowing air from rear block to remove the reg piston to fell accidentally a washer there.That means that i have to remove all the trigger now.

Regarding the installation of action oring please take a look at AOA video. Is the only one that has a close and clear view by camera.

Now regarding the new leak thst i have in pp between the action clamp i just notice that the 2 orings ( 9x1.5) are NBR 90. Is very difficult in my country to find nbr 90 in all required sizes. I need to order Monday morning and if i am lucky to have them next day. 

Thanks for your reply