Your goto slug or pellet for the Dynamic Express 700 in 22

Well this isn’t the exact rifle but might offer some insight. I have a Panthera .22 600mm. This rifle really does well with the H&N HP II in 30 grain. Excellent accuracy and great expansion. The Zan 33 grain is right on it’s heals as well. The rifle is tuned for the H&N slug right at 955 fps. With the same tune the Zan 33 grain does 935 fps.
Kenny

Reactions: ZAN and Vskuma
Well this isn’t the exact rifle but might offer some insight. I have a Panthera .22 600mm. This rifle really does well with the H&N HP II in 30 grain. Excellent accuracy and great expansion. The Zan 33 grain is right on it’s heals as well. The rifle is tuned for the H&N slug right at 955 fps. With the same tune the Zan 33 grain does 935 fps.
Kenny
I just received my 2nd batch of the H&N HP II in .22-30gr and noticed a difference in appearance between the 1st batch. This 2nd batch hollow point is not as deep, about 0.02 less and there is no H&N stamped on the bottom of each slug. I'll be trying them out later today if there is a difference. I don’t think the expansion will be the same. I'll have to post something if there is. Just bought 16 tins.

Reactions: Vskuma
I just received my 2nd batch of the H&N HP II in .22-30gr and noticed a difference in appearance between the 1st batch. This 2nd batch hollow point is not as deep, about 0.02 less and there is no H&N stamped on the bottom of each slug. I'll be trying them out later today if there is a difference. I don’t think the expansion will be the same. I'll have to post something if there is. Just bought 16 tins.
Well that is interesting. I look forward to hearing what you find out.

Are you sure these are HP II Slugs? Some retailers still sell the old HP slugs with the small hollow point.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Are you sure these are HP II Slugs? Some retailers still sell the old HP slugs with the small hollow point.
1000005366.jpg
Fit and finish is also not as good.
1000005367.jpg

Reactions: Vskuma
Both are indeed HP II Slugs. Photos of the bottom labels of the tins would be great.
I'll have to take pics. What made this change in the design. I haven’t had chance yet to try out the expansion. They seem to shoot just as accurate. Weather hasn't been great for a good test though.They are also about .005 shorter in length.

Both are indeed HP II Slugs. Photos of the bottom labels of the tins would be great.

1000005385.jpg

1000005386.jpg

The recent order contains both these bar codes above.

Below was my 1st order that has the deeper holes and H&N stamped on the bottom. Taking a guess by the bar code, this was an earlier batch.
1000005389.jpg
1000005388.jpg

View attachment 423861
View attachment 423862
The recent order contains both these bar codes above.

Below was my 1st order that has the deeper holes and H&N stamped on the bottom. Taking a guess by the bar code, this was an earlier batch.
View attachment 423863View attachment 423864
Your new batch of slugs is from 2022, the old from 2023. The batch number always ends with the manufacturing date, so 010222 means February 1st, 2022.
After introducing the new, deeper hollow point, we discovered that the upper thin part of the hollow point tends to get dented or deformed during handling and transport. We therefore widened the meplat a little and made the outer wall of the cavity a little thicker at the top, resulting in significantly fewer undesirable deformations.
I hope my explanation is understandable...🫣

Your new batch of slugs is from 2022, the old from 2023. The batch number always ends with the manufacturing date, so 010222 means February 1st, 2022.
After introducing the new, deeper hollow point, we discovered that the upper thin part of the hollow point tends to get dented or deformed during handling and transport. We therefore widened the meplat a little and made the outer wall of the cavity a little thicker at the top, resulting in significantly fewer undesirable deformations.
I hope my explanation is understandable...

Ok, so the latest HP II slugs have the deeper hole and H&N stamped on the bottom. The last order I received is old stock, 1st production run HP II.

Thanks for that information. It's appreciated.

My last delivery of .217 slugs are earlier production 21 and 22.
Delivered in December, last month.

So in essence we have to physically see the tins and codes to get the latest products.

I realise that's a supplier issue, not something H&N can control.

Perhaps one day I might get lucky and actually get to purchase the latest products.
Highly unlikely in backwaters Bulgaria 😉🙂.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Thanks for that information. It's appreciated.

My last delivery of .217 slugs are earlier production 21 and 22.
Delivered in December, last month.

So in essence we have to physically see the tins and codes to get the latest products.

I realise that's a supplier issue, not something H&N can control.

Perhaps one day I might get lucky and actually get to purchase the latest products.
Highly unlikely in backwaters Bulgaria 😉🙂.
I definitely prefer the latest production.

Reactions: Spinach
Well, unfortunately for me, I won't be purchasing anymore until this 1st run gets out of circulation. My gun definitely sees a performance difference between the 2.