• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your favorite PCP

I only have two PCP's and one is a pistol. So, the Marauder wins hands down. The adjustability allows my inner tinkerer to come out in full force. It also shoots really well at 75 yards with nice groups. While I am saving for an Impact or something of that type, the Marauder got me into PCP's, is an excellent gun, is adjustable, is accurate and what else can I say, it's fun to shoot.

What I like:
​1. Cost. It was the least expensive magazine fed gun when I bought.
​2. Adjustable. very few guns are as adjustable as the Marauder
​3. it's accurate. Shoots JSB Heavy's well at 75 yards when adjusted correctly.
​4. ammunition (Crosman Premier's) is cheap and shoots well up to 50 or so yards when adjusted correctly
​5. Quiet. Need I say more. Very back yard friendly
​6. after market parts are everywhere
​and more I just can't think of at the moment

My "reloading bench" consists of three hex wrenches and a chronograph. It's great to tinker!

​There are a few things I don't like.
​1. overall weight. it does seem a bit on the heavy side, but maybe that's just me comparing it to the 10/22 I shot for years. Off a bench and bipod, it's fantastic.
​2. cocking can be difficult. You are compressing a 10lb spring, so sometimes it feels like it'll bind. Never really does, but it's a hard bolt pull.
3.Next gun, I'd like something shorter like a bullpup, maybe an Impact next or a Dreamline in bullpup configuration will be next. I'll decide when I get there.

It isn't a RAW or Impact or Air Wolf, but it did get me into shooting again after a 30 year absence. It'll always be special in that way to me.

Someone on the forum put the Marauder on a diet and replaced the steel air cylinder with an a aluminum cylinder and shaved over a pound off. Interesting, but since I'm no engineer and don't understand the risk of bursting, I'll leave it to the pro's and get a gun already designed to do what I want. The thought of losing that much weight with one modification is intriguing though. Maybe I'll get over the lack of understanding and do it later . . . . . . . .

109de28fdf830fbc2ec50d1085a8871d.jpg
MAC 1 Hunter # 103. New to me but probably 10-15 years old.