Your favorite air rifle

Let's see, 1980s - Sheridan blue streak. 2013 - Paul Watts tuned HW 95. Today - my yet to be received Taipan Veteran .25 followed closely by the FX Royale 500. If money were no object, I'd certainly have $3k plus scopes on them all. :)

It's funny to see that so many of "us" are over 40. It seems almost like an airgun renaissance. Today's kids just don't (and can't) know the freedoms we had in our youth through which our love of airguns was developed.

Reactions: dormitionskete
I find that as I age there are less and less things that will make you feel like a "KID" again!

I find on some days shooting a air rifle and really enjoying it makes me feel 10 years old! Instead of a OLD MAN who now keeps a running LIST to take to the Doctor with me when I go.

As for the original question; I don't think price in it's self makes you LOVE to shoot a gun. I love springeres, particularly fixed barrel springers. I own a few along with some break barrels. I find myself reaching for one of the "cheep" guns most of the time. I don't worry about damaging the cheep gun when I go into the woods and I have done quite a lot of work on the cheep gun because after all, it's just a cheep gun.

What is your "favorite"? My answer is "The gun you reach for when you are going out to shoot"

In my case it is a Gamo ACCU177

Geezer

Reactions: jp_over
I'm pretty new to the sport, buying my first airgun in May of 17, a Diana 48 in .22. It's a fine rifle but really to heavy to pack around and just shoot and enjoy. After looking for something lighter I found a deal at Midway on a RWS 34 in .177, after shooting it a bit I decided to spring for a full power Vortek kit. Man what a difference! This rifle is accurate, easy to shoot and is about like packing a good .22 rimfire around. So, of the two air rifles I've ever owned the 34 is far and away my favorite.

"Geezer"What is your "favorite"? My answer is "The gun you reach for when you are going out to shoot"
I'm with Geezer, and my answer to the question comes in two parts, my outdoor range gun and my indoor range gun. Outdoors it's my Benjamin Summit every time. Smooth action, great 2-stage trigger, accurate all day. Love that break barrel. Indoors at 10 yards is my Crosman F4 with de-tuned Nitro Piston. Smooth, easy cocking action, really crisp trigger (after some work), and a pleasure to shoot for hours. I don't love these guns because they are low cost - I love that these low-cost guns are such terrific shooters.

over 40 yep 46 ,, i have thought about our groups age a few times,,for me the whole AG thing has bit me good i havent chased info shooting time or anything AG since i was 16 chasing girls ,,,im interested in any and all info everything,,,so i have a couple 3 pcps and a RAW hm1000x lrt stock 25 cal on order ..to go with my hm1000x 30 cal and 9 springers love my Wildcat 25 ,,but am constantly looking and dreamin of the next, i think we all have a wish list,, from a taipan vet vulcan or the new side cocking edgunn r5m,, yep totally in lala land and loving it ..i still have a 39 year old crosman 760 pumpmaster that i loved when i was growing up,, never ever had a scope on it,, a couple years ago,, 3 years i bought my son,, 11 at the time a gamo hornet,,i love this rig it is a awesome shooter,, i have 3 of them now ,,found them at half price,, and bought 2 more,, for $65 a piece ,,,also got a benji jim shocky steel eagle,, in 22 hits like a mule ,,love hearing you guys storys and adventures ,i looked a long time aimlessly trying to find a hobby sport something for me when i get a little time ,,busy with 3 boys 15 11 and 10 but love it,got back to air gunning,,enjoying 99 percent of it... i wonder if its like a mid life crisis ,,i wouldnt know,, ,,i dont think i ever had one,, lol,,shoot small pat

My Christmas present. A Steyr Hunting 5 semiauto. I love the balance of the rifle. It is by far the most fun air rifle I have had to shoot. Very accurate. It is the combination of its' weight, size and balance that make it my favorite to shoot. Plus on top of it all it is semi automatic. At 30 yards, 5 shots as quick as you can pull the trigger and you have a group that you can cover with a nickle.

For my springer. It is definately my TX200 in 177. Amazingly accurate and I cant wait to get it tuned.
For my PCP. My Airforce Condor SS in 25 cal. Accurate, powerful, quiet and light.
If my eyes were better i would have my old 20 cal sheridan in mint condition but iron sights are hard to shoot now.
Every gun I have has a purpose and is used accordingly or stored away. I never get rid of them. 

"bowwild"I like my Wildcat .25 but I'm thrilled with my Steyr Hunter Scout Auto 5. 
I like the Wildcat because it has been flawless, is very portable, and powerful. The Steyr is great because of its style, quality build, and semi-auto fun.
I need to change my vote to the Steyr Hunter Scout Auto 5 with an accessory or two from Neil Clague for .22 duty - that is a superb looking platform!