• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your experience / thoughts on the FX Verminator / Extreme ???

I was looking at the Verminator models a couple of years back when I started getting into PCP. I liked how it could break down and fit in a case. Seemed reliable and accurate for a bottle fed gun with no regulator. But there was something I could never put my finger on that stopped me from buying. 

I had read several threads where owners had an issue that the bottle was easy to cross thread so putting it together and taking it apart to put in the case frequently wasn't recommended. I believe it was this along with the overall frailty of the FX platform - meaning they are not rugged and can not take abuse. This combination made a very tempting kit a no go for me - I believe, at the time, it is why I ended up with a FX Ranchero carbine with a Steve Corcoran stock. 

The Verminator has its place as a VERY niche gun. I think there are better options available at now for a lot less money. If you wanted to stick with FX you'd probably be better off with a newer Dreamline model. 

The regular Verminator is good enough unless you have a need to shoot arrows. I noticed my 25 VXtreme has a much longer barrel than my smaller caliber Vermis and the VXtreme has a knob on top of its barrel for quick barrel change. Cool concept but I prefer the regular shorter ones. Original Vermis had the 8 shot magazines similar to the Wildcat and the current ones have the teardrop spring loaded mags that hold more rounds. Cool part you can break it down to fit in a small case like the old ones but newer ones don't seem to have hard cases. Cool break down tactical style. YO!

My experience with one wasn't good. It is definitely accurate, I'll give it that. But if you take it down very much there is a real probability that the threads on the rear bottle connector will get stripped. It happened to my friends.. The power really isn't adjustable. It has the std FX style adjusting cap inside but you have to dismantle the gun to get at it and the parts are fragile. Also the arrows will only shoot around 220-250 fps. HTH