Your choice for a 177 rifle.

*Taipan Veteran .177 cal.-------> Quiet and accurate.

*Daystate Regal/Revere .177 cal.-----> Very accurate. 

Quiet😏?

ALs Revere.1654311165.JPG

TV .177 wrapped.1654311932.JPG

Hi Fglass,

- HW100: Quiet, anti-double feed (that works at low power), and accurate. Not a high power airgun but low to mid power it excels. Cons: LDC is bonded on pretty well on the later airguns. May require barrel removal and heat to get things apart.

- Taipan Veteran: Solid, accurate, quiet out of the box, reliable. It will bore you to death as all you do is shoot it. Cons: Watch the anti double feed when shooting low power. Below a certain level the magazine will stop indexing. This can be true with lead free pellets also due to their light weight. (Have chickens wandering about so I shoot tin pellets often.) The compact model has a shorter LOP. Standard is longer at both ends. Of course the long is huge.

- R5M Long (used) w/12 fpe kit: Ok. It fits me really, really well. At 12 fpe, it is very quiet, IIRC about 400 shots on a 200 bar fill, solid enough to drive over if you feel the need :). I bought this one on a whim and it has worked out well for me. It isn't small, light, or flashy. It is simple to work on (if it ever needs it) and like the Taipan holds zero forever. Cons: At higher power levels the hammer noise can be annoying. It is huge.

Reactions: jdanvers
Of the half dozen I've owned, the Huntsman Revere is my favorite. It's not loud by any means (certainly backyard quiet with the small 0db moderator), but not the quietest I've shot or been around. Knew before buying I'd likely be happy performance, but am still a bit stunned at just how accurate it is. Form factor similar to your Dreamline Classic.

PXL_20220415_211200247.1654323419.jpg

Lots of good choices out there... HW 100 was also on my list before I decided on the Revere. I'm sure I would've been happy with it as well, everyone that has one seems to love it.

Reactions: Triggernosis
Just got a huntsman reserve with the small 0DB moderator from AOA…. and super quiet. I’ve had it out only once so far and it likes the JSB 10.34 and the H&N 10.65 cuda match…great groups and a very nice stock. The only thing is mounting a pic rail on stock is difficult because of the stocks forend is curved, I shoot off bucket and sticks for hunting so no worries here.

‘Tony P

There are several great suggestions for you to look at! But having had or still have most of the riffles above, the one not mentioned that I will not part with?

the Crown in 500 mm, and only 500, unfortunately the longer ones are low percentage acceptable.

it is a one holer at 50 with multiple pellets, 21 round mag, 200-300 round shot count and fairly cheap (used)and very ergonomic and yes it’s quieter than the HW100, extremely versatile, you can go from 12-24fpe in seconds, does require some tuning/understanding of the way of things

my next would fall in line with the others-Taipan- way more compact, not ergonomic, very simple, robust, best trigger ever!

then hw-100, simple, 

good luck!

I have a Revere in .22, and it's a great rifle. If you're satisfied with the factory tuning, a Revere in .177 would be a good choice. I have a HW 100 carbine in .177, which I tuned down to 11.5 fpe. At that tune, the shot count is doubled, and it's virtually silent. But it's still death on squirrels. Unlike the Revere, the HST and regulator are easily accessible on the Weihrauch, so a good balanced tune is feasible. The only potential issue, it has a lot of good German steel in it, so it's heavy. The carbine moves the balance back, and that helps manage the weight.

RAW, Daystate, Air Arms, BSA, Steyr, Thomas. I do not recommend FX of any kind. They haven't developed their .177 cal liners. I have a Dreamline that shoots well for about 75 shots then the accuracy goes to pot because the choke is too tight and leads up. You won't see any FX rifles used in FT with any success.