• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your 1st PCP

My first PCP was a Daystate Huntsman Regal in .22. Still have it.

20220118_164241_HDR.jpg

What about your Kral did you have to fix?
I eventually realised that I was missing my springer shooting and as I only have 25 yards in my garden I sold it and my hw110 also and bought a hw77 ceracoted Nick Gibney tuned gun and am awaiting the arrival of that. I am keeping one pcp my hw44 carbine. Its so much fun. I always say when I do this "No more PCP's for me":)

Marauders .177 and .22
They needed help so off to Greg Davis for a blueprint and tune.
( he was a major tuner /influence on the early Maruaders )
It was costly $$. They returned shooters. I Still have them. I Shoot the .177 several times a week amoung others.
They are 13 years old.image.jpg(.177)on guard.

Last edited:
First pcp for me .510 Texan CF 34 inch tube...cold shot adjustable base...sightmark wraith..Full setup for casting dual lee 4-20 production pots...PID controller.....510 molds from NOE Arsenal and Accurate molds...shake in bake powder coating... I also hand lapped my rough factory barrel.. Digital borescope.... I jumped in both feet.....for better or worse... I learned a real lot in the last 3 years..

16869559117939097768376966678897.jpg

Started out with a pre-enjoyed .22 Marauder and hand pump for my first pcp. That rifle (I thought) was pretty accurate at 1.5" groups at my 45yd backyard range, and quiet. And then of course... I continued to read more and more about other rifles being more and more accurate. And of course the hand pumping got old also. Both Mrod and pump went down the road.
Bought a Condor SS .22 and found what accuracy can really be like at some longer distances.... It amazed me, AND I found a seller with a 45 minute Scott scba tank with years left on it at a decent price.
Then of course... I wanted / needed a repeater rifle.... and 'cause I experienced a bolt action Mrod, I had to have a side lever... bought an FX Classic and I don't see ever going back from a side lever!
I've purchased three other pcps in the recent years... a Weihrauch 110 ST .177, a Cayden .22...(and totally agree with Harv24... a good solid rifle) and most recently a Daystate Revere .177... which has become my "go to" small backyard pest' nightmare! (y)

My first pcp was a Eun Jin Sumatra .20 I bought from John Burroughs out of Tarzana California.. John is the grandson of Edgar Rice Burroughs who invented Tarzan. If I recall correctly he was the importer from Korea at the time and actually brought them into the country. He helped me a great deal getting started in pcp's and is a great person.
The rifle. It was loud, heavy, accurate and prior to that all I had were pump up's like Banjamins, Sheridans.. Crosman etc etc, CO2 and break barrels for the prior 25 years.
I bought it in 99 or 2000?
Airguns of Arizona has one right now in their "pre-owned" department.

Reactions: MACTEN