Your 1st PCP

Rapid MkII w/ Allen Z machining for a Mark 4 trigger..Also a Paul Wilson Cobra Stock
rapid3_1_.jpg
Do you still own this? Very nice.

For my first I bought a Diana bandit while waiting for my $1700 rifle order to be filled 🤣. I now have 7 pcp's. Think I've had 12 since then. View attachment 340144

The Bandit was our first PCP as well, I got a .22 DAR soon after that then I bought AEA carbines and .357 Challengers.

I am returning to .22 with the Notos but I am finally ready to dip a toe into the FX family soon.

I tire of the snobbish sitting on white marble towers looking down on the naves yelling down to them, "BUY ONCE, CRY ONCE!".

I for one would never trade the bastion of knowledge I drank in over the past few years in starting with guns that were not perfect or refined. They forced me to understand the mechanics, simplicity vs convoluted and understand what quality really means.

I am now ready for the next step, going to FX to better understand their minds and engineering.

Last edited:
The Bandit was our first PCP as well, I got a .22 DAR soon after that then I bought AEA carbines and .357 Challengers.

I am returning to .22 with the Notos but I am finally ready to dip a toe into the FX family soon.

I tire of the snobbish sitting on white marble towers looking down on the naves yelling down to them, "BUY ONCE, CRY ONCE!".

I for one would never trade the bastion of knowledge I drank in over the past few years in starting with guns that were not perfect or refined. They forced me to understand the mechanics, simplicity vs convoluted and understand what quality really means.

I am now ready for the next step, going to FX to better understand their minds and engineering.
Yep, there's a lot to be learned tuning up cheaper guns. They can become real gems. That's half the fun. Nice guns, though, often are a class or two above what's achievable with a cheaper platform, though. But I still love my cheaper guns just as much. I've got a pp800 25 cal pistol, essentially a bandit as well that's tuned up to 48fpe in factory 9" barrel, and factory airtube but upgraded valve/ports. Also have two 1322s that are all tuned/upgraded up. And a hatsan nova star. One of the worst brands out there, that I've done a lot of work to.

It's no surprise to me that you have kept your Urban .

I look at mine like it's a budget or poor man's Huntsman. Saves me about 1000 bucks.

My first was a Mrod. Learned a lot shooting it over a chronograph .

Yeah, I still love that gun and will never sell it. Just as accurate today as it was 5 years ago. Though, I have been thinking about retiring it from hunting (probably dispatched close to 100 squirrels with it and 2 raccoons) and tuning it to 12 ft/lbs for an everyday plinker.

Really wish Gamo would have came out with a second generation Urban. Say with a regulator, sidelever, and larger air cylinder. That would be perfect for my needs. Though, the Kral does check all of those boxes.

Yeah, I still love that gun and will never sell it. Just as accurate today as it was 5 years ago. Though, I have been thinking about retiring it from hunting (probably dispatched close to 100 squirrels with it and 2 raccoons) and tuning it to 12 ft/lbs for an everyday plinker.

Really wish Gamo would have came out with a second generation Urban. Say with a regulator, sidelever, and larger air cylinder. That would be perfect for my needs. Though, the Kral does check all of those boxes.

My Urban untouched from the factory is shooting 14.3 chps at 859 fps and 23.44 fpe average. It easily gets 30 usable shots and impressive accuracy and not overly heavy.

Shot count: 28. ..... chrony missed 2 shots
Low: 840
Hi: 884
Avg: 859
STD Dev: 12.3
Spread: 44

I have 2 sidelevers but also like the simplicity of a bolt and it's going to get bounced around in the back of the Tj on our local logging roads. I have a feeling it will get used for hunting more than my other airguns.

Reactions: AntwuanMaxx
Just started a few months ago. I jumped in with both feet. My thought process was, if I did not like it I would have a higher end weapon to
sell. Should get most of my money back, Too late for that. I am working on my next purchase. A big bore.
My wife is super excited for me to order it so she can shoot it as well. She already enjoys shooting my .22 often.

Doc

Reactions: 357cal
My Urban untouched from the factory is shooting 14.3 chps at 859 fps and 23.44 fpe average. It easily gets 30 usable shots and impressive accuracy and not overly heavy.

Shot count: 28. ..... chrony missed 2 shots
Low: 840
Hi: 884
Avg: 859
STD Dev: 12.3
Spread: 44

I have 2 sidelevers but also like the simplicity of a bolt and it's going to get bounced around in the back of the Tj on our local logging roads. I have a feeling it will get used for hunting more than my other airguns.
Didn't have a chronograph when I first got my Urban, so I have no idea what it was out the box. But those are similar to the numbers my Urban is currently putting out for squirrel hunting. When I killed the two raccoons with it, the gun was actually tuned down to around 18 or 19 foot pounds at the the time. Didn't even realize it until days later when I was plinking over a chronograph. But yeah, I love the weight and compactness of the Urban, that's one huge advantage over the Kral. The Puncher Mega is a pretty heavy gun.

Reactions: 357cal
Of the ones mentioned, which is your favorite to shoot? Pros and cons between the Impact & Maverick?
Favorite to shoot would be the Impact! The Maverick shot great, I just didn't care for the cocking handle position versus the Impact. The Maverick cocking action is farther from the hand grip than the Impact. Impact lends to a faster follow-up shot for me than the Maverick. The Panthera ergos are comparable to the Impact, really enjoying its long range accuracy.

Last edited: