• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your 1st PCP

My first PCP was the FX Cyclone, and even if it was 2012 it was not cheap.

FF to 2021 i think it was and i got a FX Maverick, and really FX rifles have not become better in 10 years, not even compared to after i actually got the Maverick to work.
But 50 M where both can perform good, and the Cyclone hang with the Maverick just fine, but TBH it is a bit discouraging, though i know it would probably be the same with any other brand PCP.
My 2022 AGT Vulcan 3, its not like it shoot better or worse than the Maverick, just if did not need a new barrel and it are also less forgiving eating a wider range of pellets in good style.
Okay maybe the Vulcan 3 shoot better than the Maverick, at least its as good but with a barrel 200 mm shorter, so in that sense it give more bang for the buck.

Reactions: L.Leon
26 years ago this month, I purchased a Tim McMurray massaged Career 707 with a Leopold VARI-X III 6.5 x 20 E.F.R. scope, scuba tank and handpump at a bit over 1,500 in 1997 dollars. It held air for better than 20 years. When it didn't a Prod arrived to suit my aging body with Tim's blessing. What I didn't anticipate and should have understood from Tim's simply comment "there's a lot of new stuff out there" (paraphrased) was the ensuing onslaught of FX's and Edguns. Rest assured Tim knew. Hope this resonates and you enjoy the experience!
My Career 707 in .25 is probably around 25 years old, too. Don't recall the exact date of purchase. Also held the air for 20+ years until it didn't. I never used it much because of how loud it was (and it was not threaded for a moderator like later models). I gotta reseal it one day and see what It can do...

Reactions: Cody01
My first PCP (still have it) is a Taipan Veteran std in 22 cal.
IMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3491.JPG

My first PCP was purchased a month ago. Air Venturi Avenger.25 $350 !!! This is a lot of gun for the money. There was no way I was going to spend $1500-2000 for something I didn't know if I would like. I really like this $350 gun ! all totaled with the Compressor Scope, and yesterday a 1/2 liter Air tank for $100 off Ebay I am set up and ready to go for about $800 total.

IMG_2318.JPG

I have a Beeman R1 .22 with a Leupold scope on it worth about $800. This new gun cost 1/2 as much and is twice as powerful and more accurate too boot. The R1 is a 50 yard gun, the Avenger is a 100 yard gun.

100464627.JPG

After mounting the Scope and Sling and Moderator and shooting it to Zero it in, all I have done to it is clean the barrel which resulted in the groups shrinking to nearly 1 hole.
IMG_2321.JPG

That's what I did.

Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody01
My first PCP was purchased a month ago. Air Venturi Avenger.25 $350 !!! This is a lot of gun for the money. There was no way I was going to spend $1500-2000 for something I didn't know if I would like. I really like this $350 gun ! all totaled with the Compressor Scope, and yesterday a 1/2 liter Air tank for $100 off Ebay I am set up and ready to go for about $800 total.

View attachment 336323

I have a Beeman R1 .22 with a Leupold scope on it worth about $800. This new gun cost 1/2 as much and is twice as powerful and more accurate too boot. The R1 is a 50 yard gun, the Avenger is a 100 yard gun.

View attachment 336324

After mounting the Scope and Sling and Moderator and shooting it to Zero it in, all I have done to it is clean the barrel which resulted in the groups shrinking to nearly 1 hole.
View attachment 336325

That's what I did.

Randy
Machine shop is the heaven for PCP upgrades.

My first PCP was a Gamo Urban, purchased in 2018 for $199. From there it was a Nova Liberty in .22, followed by another Liberty in .177. Then it was a Walther Dominator 1250 in. 177. Sold the two Nova Vista guns off last year, but still own the Urban and Walther guns. A week ago, purchased a Huma Regulated Kral Puncher Mega synethic from the classifieds, which came with barrels and bolt probes in .177 and .22.

My first PCP was a Gamo Urban, purchased in 2018 for $199. From there it was a Nova Liberty in .22, followed by another Liberty in .177. Then it was a Walther Dominator 1250 in. 177. Sold the two Nova Vista guns off last year, but still own the Urban and Walther guns. A week ago, purchased a Huma Regulated Kral Puncher Mega synethic from the classifieds, which came with barrels and bolt probes in .177 and .22.

It's no surprise to me that you have kept your Urban .

I look at mine like it's a budget or poor man's Huntsman. Saves me about 1000 bucks.

My first was a Mrod. Learned a lot shooting it over a chronograph .

Reactions: AntwuanMaxx