Your 1st PCP

Rapid MkII w/ Allen Z machining for a Mark 4 trigger..Also a Paul Wilson Cobra Stock
rapid3_1_.jpg

First pcp was an edgun veles (2nd hand) and second pcp was an Edgun matador (also 2nd hand).
My philosophy is if you buy quality, you have less likely to be unhappy with the gear, and once you sell (which I always do since I am not a collector), you always get your money back.
yes, you may need to be patient if you have a specific preference for a model.
bytheway, both guns are great to start out with, for various reasons…

My first PCP was a Gen 1 Marauder, almost 10 years ago. It was a solid mid-range purchase at the time for about $500. Some glass and a Hill hand pump put the bill right at $1000. In my opinion, it was a great place to start. The Marauder was my only PCP until a couple of years ago. Now I have an FX Dreamline Tactical and a Crosman 1701P as well. It still shoots great, though and has a lot of after market parts now. I won't get back what I've put into it, so rather than sell it, it has become the project gun.

It was for about 3-4 years ago. I was looking at FX Impact MK1, but that was too pricy for me.
With me it is like that, if an itch comes, I have to leave it to settle for a month. If it still itches then it's not something that goes away forever.
I came back to look at PCP-s and found Dreamline. Was in my budget and so I ended up with Dreamline Tactical in .177.
Over the years my Dreamline has gained "weight", started as tube version with hand pump. Now owning compressor and SCBA tank.

My kit at the moment, but it is in movement to be converted to Classic in GRS stock.

IMG_5939.jpeg

Last edited:
My first PCP was on a cheaper side and 10 years ago.
Bought Hatsan BT65 TH.
Returned it after 5 days, it was a complete piece of cr@*.
Immediately after I've bought Weihrauch HW100 FSB. All time classic and one of the best air rifles I've ever owned.
I consider that air rifle to be my first PCP because that one I actually shot.

My interest in PCP came from the Leshiy 2. I had to have it despite the price and need for HPA source (which was a huge down side for me). It took me 6-8 months of research and rationalizing to bring her home (just over a year ago). I am happy to say that it is better than I hoped it would be. I added one more PCP since then; an AAA EVOL, that complements the L2 beautifully.

Started with the best one I could find...Theoben Rapid 12 in 2004 ordered from the factory...Steve from Pomona Air spent hours with me on the phone answering my questions as I knew nothing at all about PCPs. I don't know if he is still around but he was very helpful and patient...still have the Rapid. I think it was $1500...It shot a sub half inch 50y group first day out!

when i moved to my new place i dreamed of chickens and a garden but the squirrels and rabbits were kicking my behind bad .. tried a few springers, wasnt making a dent .. so im like whats all this fuss about a fancy pellet gun that uses a pump .. got on the forums and looked around, then bought a marauder .25 .. the tide turned in one day .. i was lining them up 6-8 at a time for weeks lol ..