• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Your 1st PCP

I was torn between a Marauder and a Dreamline for my first. Decided to be responsible and start with the cheaper Marauder. I couldn't stop thinking about that Black Pepper Dreamline though so I placed an order for one before the Marauder even got to me. Got the Marauder, shot it liked it, and kept it. The Dreamline showed up a week later, shot it, loved it, kept it too. Had I just spent more to begin with I would have saved $600 but here we are.

I shot both for a few years but ultimately decided PCPs were awesome tools but really not for me. Springers were more fun to play with so I ended up selling that Dreamline. I still have the Marauder though and it fills the small need I have for a PCP. I may grab another at some point but its hard to justify their price tags in all honesty.

Reactions: Perle and Cody01
I too started cheap with a $100.00 Flying Dragon (FDAR Gen 1 XS60 PCP) and a broken down Hill Pump that I restored. Just recently purchased the XS60c CO2 version of the same rifle from many years ago.

XS60c.jpg

When i was really into airguns I was into magnum springers and PCP guns like the FX Tarantula were still relatively hot new poop. Dan Quackenbush was the go-to for big power and the Sam Yang's were a somewhat new off-the-shelf option. I only found out about the leaps and bounds made in advancement over the past 20 years thanks to airgun guys showing up on the YouTube channels i regularly watch. And that in return led me to finding out that inexpensive Chinese HPA compressors became a thing.

I was a mouseclick away from blowing $3,500 on an Impact M3 .22 800mm with all the Saber Tactical goodies but I had a last-minute question and the vendor wouldn't respond.

And then out of nowhere, FX announced the Panthera. I found a local shop that's an authorized FX dealer and was able to buy mine in person.

My 1st was when the marauders were the latest and greatest.. my Wife thought I was insane when i spent nearly $900 on a “bb gun” 😂 .25 cal syn-rod with Benjamin hand pump and Benjamin ammo!
I was in hog heaven for a while.. then this forum and GTA had me wanting something lighter, then something that got more shots per fill, then more powerful…. I’m still on that journey and don’t see an end in sight lol

Reactions: Cody01
I'm a tinker, so I built my 1st pcp. It was a crosman 2260 I converted with a disco valve and 2240 trigger frame/carbine stock. 16" barrel. Was a little tack driver. Should've kept it, but I've built several over the years just like it. Always sell them and make another, ive got issues.

26 years ago this month, I purchased a Tim McMurray massaged Career 707 with a Leopold VARI-X III 6.5 x 20 E.F.R. scope, scuba tank and handpump at a bit over 1,500 in 1997 dollars. It held air for better than 20 years. When it didn't a Prod arrived to suit my aging body with Tim's blessing. What I didn't anticipate and should have understood from Tim's simply comment "there's a lot of new stuff out there" (paraphrased) was the ensuing onslaught of FX's and Edguns. Rest assured Tim knew. Hope this resonates and you enjoy the experience!