young hang compressor failed

I got a brand new young hang and after 1 fill the pressure gage broke then next fill the head gasket was leaking air everywhere so replaced all gaskets and 1fill later all blow out again so my question is am sure it's just a bad one and that's that but I don't want to order a new one again is there a better brand or different compressor that you like and trust. Thank you. John

Can you provide more info and perhaps some photo ?

How did the pressure gauge break ? into pieces ? I have a Yong Heng and find it quite hard to imagine ......

Regarding the leakage, it's quite impossible for it to happen via the gasket because it is squeezed down by four big bolts. Can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly you saw ?

If your Yong Heng is a genuine one and you are mechanically inclined to some extent, then rest assured that it can be fixed. It's a rather simple machine. 

The pressure gage did not brake into peace's it just stoped working. The leaking air out the head was 2 times after the rebuild so my question is was this just a bad one or are the problem Mattick? Photos of the gage and unit looks fine it's when you turn it on everything goes wrong. So let me try to explain? 

When I took it out of the box and set it up as expected. The first fill was ok the 2nd fill the pressure gage broke meaning the needle did not move anymore when I took the gage off it had a riddle to it so I took off the black rubber stop and little pieces fell out so that's broke can't fix that. Next

the pressure was building up when it blow a head gasket air was coming out the bottom of the head. So I took it off yes the four bolts you are talking about and replaced all gasket o rings put it back together and started to fill again and it was ok till the 3rd fill then again a loss of pressure and lots of air coming out of the head again but from a different area so took it apart again replaced o rings in a different area and put back together again. Turned it on and started to fill when building up pressure it blow again so am guessing because I know how to work on compressors am a contractor and we rebuild some compressors from Tim to time that this unit must be a bad unit or this brand is not very good that's what I ask is there a different kind that's perhaps better or is this just a one time thing?? 

May be you can elaborate a bit more on the location of leakage ? I would imagine that it's not via the gasket for the reason I have mentioned. Are you referring to the compression fitting at the top ? or somewhere else ?

My Yong Heng has been serving me for about a year with zero problem. I haven't quite rebuilt it but I do have taken the head fully apart just to get an understanding on it's construction which turns out to be quite simple. 

For your info there has been a recent report on Yong Heng leaking via the top and the owner fixed it by just replacing the sealing washer at the top of the head. 

1561465705_218367795d121369413432.80078168_05FACB57-D52F-4CF4-BB82-F88000E91BAE.jpeg

I thought about a Yong Heng or smaller compressor. I figured I might as well go big or go home if I’m even considering a Scandalous & slugs from other guns. 

3.5-4.7 cfm with an adjustment & gear change. Capable of 5Kpsi but I see no need to fill to even 4500 when it’s better to run everything lower, more often, and get oil in upper. Also do a cool down no load blow out.

I don’t shoot as much as I will when children are older. This is not a Coltri block. Not that they are horrible but some say one brand is better than others. In house milled & will outlive me for those children to use.

I’m told a Yong Heng isn’t bad but owner looks at it as disposable. I just decided to go with easily rebuilt if need be & cared for properly. 

Alkin W31-2-4500-P2. Same company The US Navy uses & they sent compressors to divers when those Scouts got trapped in flooded tunnels. That said something to me about the company in general so I splurged.

I love it & I definitely trust it as it runs at 1050 RPM. Lowest speed & noise of any besides getting into bigger commercial insulated box type. 

1561467075_17212708065d1218c30b6f10.91943675_0170EF7F-C2E4-4B27-BCB7-59F9E6C5CAF1.jpeg

I have a omaga turbocharged compressor at home I travel and can't take it so I got this young hang because it's small and cheap but I see cheap might be the problem I know that this is a unit that a lot of guys use that's why I got it but I just don't know if I should get a other one or try a different one I was just looking for advice on this brand or any other brand just as a temporary use till I get back home. 

1561465705_218367795d121369413432.80078168_05FACB57-D52F-4CF4-BB82-F88000E91BAE.jpeg

I thought about a Yong Heng or smaller compressor. I figured I might as well go big or go home if I’m even considering a Scandalous & slugs from other guns. 

3.5-4.7 cfm with an adjustment & gear change. Capable of 5Kpsi but I see no need to fill to even 4500 when it’s better to run everything lower, more often, and get oil in upper. Also do a cool down no load blow out.

I don’t shoot as much as I will when children are older. This is not a Coltri block. Not that they are horrible but some say one brand is better than others. In house milled & will outlive me for those children to use.

I’m told a Yong Heng isn’t bad but owner looks at it as disposable. I just decided to go with easily rebuilt if need be & cared for properly. 

Alkin W31-2-4500-P2. Same company The US Navy uses & they sent compressors to divers when those Scouts got trapped in flooded tunnels. That said something to me about the company in general so I splurged.

I love it & I definitely trust it as it runs at 1050 RPM. Lowest speed & noise of any besides getting into bigger commercial insulated box type. 

1561467075_17212708065d1218c30b6f10.91943675_0170EF7F-C2E4-4B27-BCB7-59F9E6C5CAF1.jpeg

That is a nice compressor. Buy once, as they say, should certainly apply there.

Hahaha nothing is flying off wow guys read what I said the gage is not working the needle is no longer moving this is a common thing with cheap gauges especially the ones from young hang. The gauge is not the problem it's the air coming out of the head where all the seals is broke again photos does not show that I'm not taking it apart again to show you what is going on good luck with your new compressor 

thats the best on the market....congrats!