• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Youg Heng compressor busts it's disk, home made aluminum disk safe to use?

The discs are there for your safety and the safety of the compressor as well. If you allow them to do their job both will be safe from serious harm. If you are blowing burst discs you need to figure out why. My guess, if it is a Yong Heng, is blockage in the output line or in the output of the high pressure block. I have found that my check valve, lower stainless line to the high pressure block, often has a bad o-ring when this occurs as well. 

Some will stack burst discs or put a bolt in place of the plug and although this will werq short term to get you up and running it also defeats the safety factor of the burst discs original purpose.

Never a good idea to bypass a safety device...

This seems to be an all to common solution to a troubleshooting problem. Many/most non engineer/non mechanically inclined types(not saying thats you) tend to condemn the part that fails. Its understandable and seems to be the 'common thing to do. When in reality the failed part failed because of another problem(s) not noticed. And the new same part will fail again.

A good analogy to this is, a fuse that blows continuously, and the incorrect fix is to install a bigger fuse...

If 1 burst disc fails, change it out. If it fails again, figure out why as its likely not a second defective disc. Just like Biohazardman said above.

Check for a slow fill orifice in your discharge line...

jmo

It's a safety feature and I wouldn't recommend disabling it but there is very little chance of injury from the small volume of air behind it. It's not like you're dealing with a tank full of high pressure air. The worst that could happen is that you blow a gasket or crack a piston due to over pressure.

It's best to diagnose the problem and fix it.

606BE2A3-941B-40E4-A1BD-4E146112A4EE.1630296559.png