You need a funny

Two weeks ago while trying to adjust the trigger on my Daystate Revere I dropped a unique size captive nut that holds the trigger guard in place.
I spent hours on my hands and knees and belly looking for it but no luck.
I ended up staying up till 2 in the morning making a nut to fit by filing a regular size m6 nut down.
Success I suppose but where the hell did that nut go?
It’s 2 weeks later and I’m taking my tennis shoes off and I see something in my shoe, yep, the missing nut 😆
Enjoy your weekend!

I always check my shoes, lots gets hung up in clothes, folds, cuffs etc.
Glad you found your nut!
Couple weeks ago I was working with wire drills, you know the ones less than an inch long. I dropped one size once and another one twice. Sheesh, strong flashlight and on my knees for one, magnet for another and dumb luck moments after I had given up on the third drop.

I always check my shoes, lots gets hung up in clothes, folds, cuffs etc.
Glad you found your nut!
Couple weeks ago I was working with wire drills, you know the ones less than an inch long. I dropped one size once and another one twice. Sheesh, strong flashlight and on my knees for one, magnet for another and dumb luck moments after I had given up on the third drop.
I cringe at the thought of something like that getting stabbed in between my toes. Sewing needle or a wire drill would be horrible.

Reactions: cavedweller
🤣

I feel that I am totally blind at times. And with the dark flooring I have. It seems everything becomes invisible.

I lost one of my hearing aids once but it had a locating feature where as long as the Bluetooth was connected and the hearing aid is on, you could find it with your phone app. Well I turned the locating app on, and it starting beeping! The beep would increase or decrease as the phone moved back and forth as I move the phone. Cool but it was the same beep no matter which room I went to!
Yep, at the end of the day when I went to take my shoes off I found the hearing aid had clung onto my shoe laces. 🤣

Allen

Last edited:
When I used to work on my own PB revolvers a bit I would put the gun in a large clear plastic bag. If anything made a break for parts unknown the bag would capture it 99% of the time.
Now these PCP’s don’t quite in a bag. I have 8’ wide by 3’ deep work bench and anything that my fall or pop of is worked on with a nice soft towel under it. Something falls and it won’t bounce……..
……most of the time.
I keep a magnet handy but cannot resist punishing myself for being careless by crawling on my hands and knees on the floor for at least an hour. If my dogs are in the room they have to come over and lend a hand. I guess misery loves company or they just enjoy hearing me use foul language.

Haha.

Years ago, when a 128 GB micro SD memory card was expensive, and not all dashcams supported such massive storage, i had one launch ( most memory cards slots are spring loaded ) out of the open door in my car and onto the .25 to about .45 sized gravel in the back yard where i park.

Spent a good hour on my hands and knees there ( dunno if you know but in Japan making someone kneel on something like that is regarded as punishment, i would call it torture )
Anyway in the end i just gave up and accepted my loss, then getting into my car, looking down one last time, and BAM right there was the memory card.
I can only assume it must have hit a stone and bounced back towards the car, though i am also sure i looked in that area too, from the panel of the car and like 5-6 feet our from there.

Many have lost these little suckers inside the car, some never to be found in what ever place they landed, others down a vent.
On the dashcam forum we have a club for the suffers of premature memory card ejection. :D

Over a lifetime of working on guns, and airguns, I've dropped every nut, bolt, screw, ball bearing, spring, or tiny part you can imagine. Now, I'm not saying my garage, work area, is dirty, but it's quite full of my HVAC tools and mechanics tools and just plain junk, so when something goes flying, it's GONE. I just dropped a ball bearing out of an R10 a week or so ago, and it took me all this time to find it. The funny thing is, I've never yet, in dozens and dozens of things lost, never not found it no matter how small and insignificant it was. My wife says I can find the proverbial needle in a haystack every time. It may take a while, I might even clean the garage, heaven forbid, but I find it, sooner or later. The bad part is, I seem to never learn to do something differently, as I keep losing stuff. I guess it's an endless circle? I do have several "tricks of the trade", magnets, brooms, flashlights etc. I have to say, flashlights have worked the best if it's shiny. Oh well, I wonder what I'll lose next?

Reactions: cavedweller
Over a lifetime of working on guns, and airguns, I've dropped every nut, bolt, screw, ball bearing, spring, or tiny part you can imagine. Now, I'm not saying my garage, work area, is dirty, but it's quite full of my HVAC tools and mechanics tools and just plain junk, so when something goes flying, it's GONE. I just dropped a ball bearing out of an R10 a week or so ago, and it took me all this time to find it. The funny thing is, I've never yet, in dozens and dozens of things lost, never not found it no matter how small and insignificant it was. My wife says I can find the proverbial needle in a haystack every time. It may take a while, I might even clean the garage, heaven forbid, but I find it, sooner or later. The bad part is, I seem to never learn to do something differently, as I keep losing stuff. I guess it's an endless circle? I do have several "tricks of the trade", magnets, brooms, flashlights etc. I have to say, flashlights have worked the best if it's shiny. Oh well, I wonder what I'll lose next?
Hilarious comments! Thank you everyone!!!