You Guys Make it Look Easy!

I'm very intrigued with the scope camera concept. So, I've been reading and watching trying to decide what to do. I wanted a scope rig that would accept my iPhone 7Plus. That starting point may be my biggest weakness?

I bought the Discovery Scope Cam rig. It arrived today. I tried to put it on a zero eye-relief MTC Viper Connect. Then I put it on a Burris. I couldn't get the metal scope cap (hinged) off a Hawke or I would have tried it as well.

I gave up for the evening. I couldn't get a view through the scope. Don't know what I'm doing wrong (directions are one thing I've discovered in the air gun world that are absent with a lot of purchases). A fellow here offered me a really good deal on another type of camera fixture. I wanted to try this Discovery because it is so sleek. It is stable and nicely machined. OF course those are worthless attributes if I can't get my phone cam to "see" through the thing.

Spent a bit more time with the Discovery and my iPhone. I was able to actually make a brief video of on shot. It is extremely finicky in terms of placement of the camera on the phone. I will continue to work with it. Getting a full view with crosshairs and target in focus is tough. I think the iPhone is different than a camera such as in Ted's video above.
If I get it, I'll post a brief video.