• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

You Can Only Have One

Love my .22 veteran shorty. Same setup with Jsb 18 going 790fps average. 
Mine looks just like yours but has a different colored scope mount to go with the 3-18 discovery and has a different (knock off) bipod. So many awesome airguns out right now and so happy I feel I don’t need any of them because I own one. 
Note: I had the 3-12 discovery first and the size/weight matched the shorty perfect but wanted a new recitle that had numbers for the mill dots, plus a little more magnification was wanted. I don’t feel as comfortable hand holding it now but that is the dilemma and probably why, we/they, have so many pcp’s.

A bit of a departure from the guns listed above, but here goes:

HW30S with irons and a quick-detach 4x scope - Accurate, easy to shoot for just about anyone, and as simple as you can get! Kind of a "back to basics" thing.

Edit: Duh... This is the PCP section. Marauder Pistol it is!

The runner up is Probably the good 'ole Marauder Pistol! Have had a lot of fun over the years modifying it, designing things for it, experimenting with settings and tunes. Honestly, more "tinker" than "plinker," but it's always been accurate and the one that was kept by the door, so to speak! Easy to fill with a hand pump too.

Always amazed at the magnificent works of machining and manufacturing on display in the airgun world!

We all knew this was going to be said or is already said...Impact

1597460415_15160194495f374fbf2bc067.85261311.jpeg

No pics; cause I'm at work, but, only one?

Hands down, it'd be "Thumper",

my Czech built .25 Taipan Vet Long. 

Ernest Rowe power plenum installed and gun completely dialed in by a good friend. Shoots 34gn JSB's @ 905fps for almost 40 shots. Ive taken down over 30 raccoons this year alone with it. I use a Sightmark Photon NV scope that gets her done. 

If I could have two; (I know) my next favorite is my .22 Taipan Vet Standard. This is my everyday yard use, and plinking go to.

Awesome guns. Quiet. Accurate. Sweet ass triggers. Anti-double load. (Why is it this feature is not available in more guns?) When I'm up all night hunting, at my age, it sure is nice to decock and never have to worry if there's one in the barrel or not.

Anti-double load. (Why is it this feature is not available in more guns?) When I'm up all night hunting, at my age, it sure is nice to decock and never have to worry if there's one in the barrel or not.

This was a big reason why I bought my Taipan Veteran long in .22 caliber. This feature is important to me for a hunting/pesting gun. There are many times when I have load the gun ready to take the shot only to lose the opportunity. I then decock and store the gun with a pellet in the breach. It's nice to just be able to pickup the gun for the next time, not try to remember its status, cock it, and have the confidence in knowing that it won't double load regardless if the breach was loaded or not to start with. In my research for this gun, I found that a lot of guns don't even have any sort of anti double load mechanism at all. Of the guns that I found with the anti double load feature, all seem to only work while the hammer is cocked. Once the loaded gun is decocked and later cocked again, it will still cycle the magazine causing a double load if forgotten. There are also guns that have a manual switch that the user can toggle to either cycle the magazine or not but this still depends on the user not forgetting what the status of the gun is. I always store my Taipan Veteran decocked and with a magazine installed. When I pick it up and cock the lever, if the magazine cycles, then I know the breach is empty. Likewise, if the magazine doesn't move, then I know the breach is already loaded. This status check is helpful if I want to pull out a half filled magazine and refill it before starting a session.

1597549539_16800456245f38abe3ca6d81.28949772.jpg

.177 HW100BP-K. It's taken squirrels, rabbits, chippers, hosps, starlings, and groundhogs. Shoots it's favorite pellets, Polymag Shorts, with paintball hitting accuracy out to 50 yards. It also shoots just about every .177 pellet with hosp taking accuracy out to 30 yards. Fun to shoot from the bench and easy to carry in the field and through the thick brush. At 17 fpe it has enough power to take a groundhog at 50 yards, 2 this year, yet quiet enough to shoot in the barns with no worry of sending a pellet through the roof. (tested on several occasions)

1597607811_19423915835f398f83157db2.30169936.JPG

1597667446_9835741655f3a78761cc0a3.49445581.jpeg

It would have to be my .308 Texan SS. Its a tack driver with all .300 pellets I’ve tried both commercial and self-cast and with a 97 grain .308 slug I cast. It can run between 70fpe and 200fpe just by a few spin of the power wheel and knowing what fill pressure corresponds to which power wheel setting. Its low maintenance and can be serviced at home. Its as close to perfection as I can have in an all-purpose homestead survival air rifle. 

Good Point ! I have to send in mine . Non reliant on others is best policy these days.I retired two years ago and left behind my home tat was surrounded by forest service.I had power and a well but also three back up sources.Wood,Oil,diesel generator.And food roaming all around.Moved the the valley floor to get away from heavy snow removal,but still have a generator that will run the house,one that runs the shop.I am a ham radio operator so i also have battery power to run com equipt. So even if phone go down ,can talk around the world.

So i get it,Do it yourself.