Yote hunting advice?

So to start off, I have been invited to hunt coyotes at a friend's father's place. He has about 5acres but a decent amount of wildlife. Now I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for this I have plans to go out a scout out where they are coming in and going out. I will also be using my avenger .25 right at 58 fpe or I can use my gauntlet 2 .30 right at 94 fpe.

So to start off, I have been invited to hunt coyotes at a friend's father's place. He has about 5acres but a decent amount of wildlife. Now I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for this I have plans to go out a scout out where they are coming in and going out. I will also be using my avenger .25 right at 58 fpe or I can use my gauntlet 2 .30 right at 94 fpe.
Use the Gauntlet. Fpe drops fast with distance.

Reactions: N2 Shooter

First off check your state laws to see if you can legally hunt on a 5 acre parcel. I wouldn’t want to hunt a yote on 5 acres unless I was defending my home or animals. I certainly wouldn’t use a pellet gun. From what I’ve seen I would think that a coyote can vacate a relatively open 5 acre parcel of land in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Why not use a pellet gun? Below is a video from last summer of a coyote taken at 40 yards with a head shot. Rifle was a 4 year old FX Impact, shooting JSB .30, 50.1gr at 81ft-lbs. The pellet made a complete pass through. This was the second coyote taken in that location with nearly identical results.
@AirGunShooter Because considering the information provided personal experience suggests otherwise.

The best coyote call in the world is a chicken in a toe-sack, well shaken and stirred to get it to squawk like bloody murder.😱 I GUARANTEE no self-respecting coyote within earshot won't be on top of you as fast as she can get there!

BTW, you might not want to tell your friend what you're gonna do with his father's laying-hen.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Rich_B