Yongheng Auto Shutoff not activating

Ive had my yongheng for around 5 years, it has an automatic shutoff feature, but a few weeks ago the auto shutoff stopped working. Fortunately the burst disc saved the compressor. I’ve confirmed the compressor overruns by setting it to 2000psi, then running the pump and manually shutting it off at 3000psi.

It has no respect for the shutoff pressure.

Clearly something needs to be replaced. Can anyone advise on how to fix this?

My response is if you have the red-knobbed (center of glass face) gauge used to set auto shut-off limit. Some Yong Hengs are designed to auto shut off at a certain pressure, unchangeable by the operator. Sorry, can't help if you have the former. WM
It has the red knob, but it’s definitely configurable and changeable by the user

It has the red knob, but it’s definitely configurable and changeable by the user
When that style gauge is removed a two-wire plastic connector can be unclipped to detach gauge from compressor. Search eBay under "Yong Heng parts," to locate replacement gauge, simple procedure to switch it out. WM

Reactions: Gerry52
Never used the set-pressure feature (red-knobbed gauge) on my Yong Heng, opting to monitor gun gauges for proper shut-off pressure. Replaced shaken apart, badly leaking gauge with a liquid-filled one from my Chinese high-pressure-air hand pump. Pump gauge works fine, just left unclipped plastic wire connector inside compressor. Yong Heng burst disc protected but I'd never leave running compressor unattended, not implying you have, just that's what I do. WM

Never used the set-pressure feature (red-knobbed gauge) on my Yong Heng, opting to monitor gun gauges for proper shut-off pressure. Replaced shaken apart, badly leaking gauge with a liquid-filled one from my Chinese high-pressure-air hand pump. Pump gauge works fine, just left unclipped plastic wire connector inside compressor. Yong Heng burst disc protected but I'd never leave running compressor unattended, not implying you have, just that's what I do. WM
Yeah, I recently installed a Huma regulator - it’s a Benjamin Armada. The regulator only shows its internal regulator pressure, not the reservoir. But I’ve long since dialed in the pump’s auto shutoff feature to fill my gun accurately.

The issue came when I took a long break from shooting. The gun pressure eventually went to zero, so I was doing a full refill. Ive done full fills before, but not enough to have a sense of time / compressor sounds to know its full.

Also, a few years ago I had a hose whip nearly hit me. Ever since then I stand around the corner from the pump, cuz these things can explode, and I dont like to hover my face over the compressor to watch the gauge, so Im not watching the gauge as it fills.

Perhaps that’s not the best safety policy either - damned if Im close, damned if Im far. Maybe there’s a way to safely watch the gauge without getting too close?

Yeah, I recently installed a Huma regulator - it’s a Benjamin Armada. The regulator only shows its internal regulator pressure, not the reservoir. But I’ve long since dialed in the pump’s auto shutoff feature to fill my gun accurately.

The issue came when I took a long break from shooting. The gun pressure eventually went to zero, so I was doing a full refill. Ive done full fills before, but not enough to have a sense of time / compressor sounds to know its full.

Also, a few years ago I had a hose whip nearly hit me. Ever since then I stand around the corner from the pump, cuz these things can explode, and I dont like to hover my face over the compressor to watch the gauge, so Im not watching the gauge as it fills.

Perhaps that’s not the best safety policy either - damned if Im close, damned if Im far. Maybe there’s a way to safely watch the gauge without getting too close?
My PCPs all have gauges which read reservoir pressure, to be honest wasn't aware all PCPs don't have that. My Yong Heng set-up makes it hard to read compressor gauge, so I've always used air gun one. PPEs are heavy duty hearing protection and safety goggles, headlamp provides lighting. Do my best to situate fill whip so that if it blows, I'll be protected. Feel the hobby has a good safety record, try my best to prevent internal moisture corrosion and not knock the guns around too much. WM

My PCPs all have gauges which read reservoir pressure, to be honest wasn't aware all PCPs don't have that. My Yong Heng set-up makes it hard to read compressor gauge, so I've always used air gun one. PPEs are heavy duty hearing protection and safety goggles, headlamp provides lighting. Do my best to situate fill whip so that if it blows, I'll be protected. Feel the hobby has a good safety record, try my best to prevent internal moisture corrosion and not knock the guns around too much. WM
I guess to clarify, my rifle DID have a gauge for reservoir pressure, but when I installed the regulator, it replaced the factory gauge with its own gauge.

See it here: https://www.huma-air.com/Benjamin-Armada-tuning-regulator-with-pressure-gauge-connection

My regulator is set to 2000psi, so once the reservoir pressure exceeds 2000psi, the gauge stops moving because it’s now at the regulated air pressure. The reservoir can be at 3000psi, but the gauge only shows 2000psi because that’s the regulator’s pressure.

Hope that makes sense.

Once pressure exceeds 2000psi, my gun’s gauge is flying in the dark, so I rely on the compressor’s gauge and shutoff settings to stop at 3000psi.

Im not sure if they even make a mod for the Armada that shows both the regulator and reservoir pressures?

I am using my YH for over 3 years now, filling four 14 liter scba, the total time is about mid 60 ish hours, I rebuilt the pistons couple times.
But the most important is - I never let it run alone not for a minute just to grab a coffee.
Mine auto shot off died earlier this year, I just removed/replaced with one manual gauge I had from earlier, btw I collected a bunch of those from aliexpress when the shipping costed peanuts.
I am staying in my garage all the time when refilling, walking around the bench with digital earmuffs on, I will shot the compressor down myself when the pressure reaches the 300. I can hear in speakers it sounds different the very last five minutes of run.

Ive had my yongheng for around 5 years, it has an automatic shutoff feature, but a few weeks ago the auto shutoff stopped working. Fortunately the burst disc saved the compressor. I’ve confirmed the compressor overruns by setting it to 2000psi, then running the pump and manually shutting it off at 3000psi.

It has no respect for the shutoff pressure.

Clearly something needs to be replaced. Can anyone advise on how to fix this?
Order a new pressure guage with the shut-off guage. Try that first.
While your ordering parts get extras of everthing. At 5 years , depending of usage, your compressor is going to need a rebuild in the not to distant future. Carbon builds up in the flapper valve area of the second stage.