Yong heng

DrOcean

Aug 26, 2018
TX
just got mine in today. It’s the adjustable model. Couple of questions. 1-the thermostat doesn’t have batteries. Looks like it takes two small watch-like batteries. Anyone know exactly which ones they take? 2-It says on eBay that it’s 220V but it has a 120 plug. Hopefully it’s 120 but I can’t verify that anywhere. Anyone know about this? 3-It has a few different oils that it says u can use in the manual. Any particular lube best?

Most of my stuff came in (actually everything I didn’t order from the gun store did) already. I’m trying to get everything sorted before it gets here probably end of the week.

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO AIR COMPRESSORS SECTION

If it says 220 volts it probably is, you will have make a 220v extension cord with one end (female) to fit what they have and the other to fit your 220 outlet. I have used straight 30 weight non detergent motor oil (ISO100) in my Y/H for a year now with out any issues. They do run hot so i use a bag of ice in the water and my water pump that came with the compressor was inconsistent so i bought a ryobi wet tile saw pump at home depot.....much better water flow.

Yong Heng Compressor info:

Thermometer Batteries: 1.5 volt and LR44 size.

Power rating: If there is a standard 120 plug attached, the unit will be 120 v.

The problem with a lot of these listings is - the sellers just copy and past the info they find 
that was originally included with a specific model/option, even though they are Not The Same.

220v units will come with 220v plugs. They'll be plug and play. Nothing should have to be done.

These aren't like some welders for example where you'd have a dual voltage option, 
and have to wire the cord to the unit, and add the required plug..

When these Yong Heng comps first came out, there were the manual and then the auto stop versions.
Apparently, if you wanted the Auto version - It only came in 220v 

Not anymore. Mine is the new Auto version and it is most certainly 120v.

That sort of information is important, and sellers / re-sellers really need to know that and include it.

Also - It is NOT recommended to use extension cords for things that draw a high load on starts..
It is best to use the OEM cord length and a dedicated power outlet. [Rated for the correct Amps]

Lube: I always and only recommend Royal Purple 100 Compressor Lube [Or Amsoil - Compressor lube]

Cooling: The colder the water - The happier the compressor. I can/should be added if/when needed.

Sam -

Reactions: heavy-impact
Yong Heng Compressor info:

Thermometer Batteries: 1.5 volt and LR44 size.

Power rating: If there is a standard 120 plug attached, the unit will be 120 v.

The problem with a lot of these listings is - the sellers just copy and past the info they find 
that was originally included with a specific model/option, even though they are Not The Same.

220v units will come with 220v plugs. They'll be plug and play. Nothing should have to be done.

These aren't like some welders for example where you'd have a dual voltage option, 
and have to wire the cord to the unit, and add the required plug..

When these Yong Heng comps first came out, there were the manual and then the auto stop versions.
Apparently, if you wanted the Auto version - It only came in 220v 

Not anymore. Mine is the new Auto version and it is most certainly 120v.

That sort of information is important, and sellers / re-sellers really need to know that and include it.

Also - It is NOT recommended to use extension cords for things that draw a high load on starts..
It is best to use the OEM cord length and a dedicated power outlet. [Rated for the correct Amps]

Lube: I always and only recommend Royal Purple 100 Compressor Lube [Or Amsoil - Compressor lube]

Cooling: The colder the water - The happier the compressor. I can/should be added if/when needed.

Sam -

All of these things I was hoping but just had no way of verifying. It appeared to me that the sellers had no idea. The manual is more extensive than I’ve seen other people get, but still worthless except for the diagram. Thank you for your insight.

Just to add my 2 cents here, there is no nameplate on or in the yong heng compressor to let you know what voltage it actually is. The older versions used to have a sticker that would indicate 220 volts from what I have heard. The best thing to do is to remove the top cover and see where the green wire is attached from the power cord. If it is attached to a white wire, then it is a 220v version, if it attached to the chassis, it is a 110v version. The 110v will also have a large capacitor that says 250v on it as well. The manual is of no use as it lists both voltages. As for lubrication, the manual says iISO VG46 or AW46 hydraulic oil, however on the following page it highly recommend Mobil 827 or 829 oil which is ISO 100 compressor oil. Unfortunately the only way I have found the Mobil oil was in 30-50 gallon drums. However Mobil 427 or 429 has the exact same specs as the 827/829 except it is sold in quarts.

Just to add my 2 cents here, there is no nameplate on or in the yong heng compressor to let you know what voltage it actually is. The older versions used to have a sticker that would indicate 220 volts from what I have heard. The best thing to do is to remove the top cover and see where the green wire is attached from the power cord. If it is attached to a white wire, then it is a 220v version, if it attached to the chassis, it is a 110v version. The 110v will also have a large capacitor that says 250v on it as well. The manual is of no use as it lists both voltages. As for lubrication, the manual says iISO VG46 or AW46 hydraulic oil, however on the following page it highly recommend Mobil 827 or 829 oil which is ISO 100 compressor oil. Unfortunately the only way I have found the Mobil oil was in 30-50 gallon drums. However Mobil 427 or 429 has the exact same specs as the 827/829 except it is sold in quarts.

Thank you! I decided after talkin to y’all n doing a lil digging that it was likely 110 and plugged it in. It works great (so far). Filled my gun up a dozen times and my great white from zero once (with a few breaks) and topped it off once as well. I’ll look for that oil.

I saw the same thing in my manual. Be careful thuogh. Mobil 427/429 and Mobil 827/829 are from different product lines. The 800 series is synthetic and the 400 is mineral based. Go with any of the synthetic recommendations like Royal Purple.