• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng / Yong Heng copies, parts

Anyone and experience with both?.

My thinking is, one reason to buy a original over a " copy " would be the availability of parts for the original, however, if they are true copies, then Yong Heng parts may fit.

One would like to think they got the calipers out while copying.

I am referring to working parts, particularly those prone to failure.

Thanks,

Good luck.

One of the few parts prone to failure after a year or two, less if you get a unit with bad QC like me, is the second stage piston and they are not the same on all copies of the unit. I would expect a few other parts may be slightly different also. That is why I always try to buy the original. So, I can get the right parts easily.

Most the parts that fail are just dowty seals and o-rings and they can be had anywhere.

Is the price difference even worth it? For $300 on amazon a yong heng is a no brainer for me. What kind of price are you seeing for a copycat version?

Sorry for not answering your question but I think I make a valid point. No experience with copies though.

My yong heng still going strong and does get just below the advertised 4500 psi. 4200 or 4300 psi range. Good enough for me and my 3k psi pcp's.

one reason to get 'the original' is most of the others come from the exact same place and are cobbled together from 'earlier' renditions with parts from the back of that 500 billion square ft chinese factory lol ... get a yong heng ... theyre the 'latest' cheap chinese conpressor trust me, and yes likely the only one with readily available parts, just get it from a vendor that moves a ton of freight, dont try to cheap out and save fricken 5 bucks from an obscure vendor or guess what, your getting 'yesteryears' version... but if you go easy on it and let it cycle on large fills it will last .. mines over a year now i think and still goes 'over' 45, i got to watch it . and when it goes i'll get another one .. screw working on things like cheap compressors and chainsaws etc .. life is to short .. just use that potato between your ears to extract max life out of things lol ...

I have been using TUXING lately. The key is you can not run a Yong Heng or TUXING more than 20 minutes. These were designed to fill guns, not Scuba tanks. So let it run for 20 minutes, then have it cool down and go back to it later.

I have blown up many compressors, but since I learned the 20 minute rule, I have had this TUXING for 3-4 months so far. I bleed the air at the 10 min mark to get moisture out. Gotta set a timer if you walk away. The first time you forget your compressor is on...that's it. I have blown up 6 Yong Hengs/clones...never did repair one. 

Kaylaindy,

I fear I suffer from early onset dementia, but even I would start to remember to switch off after blowing up a couple🤭.

"Never did repair one" more money than sense 😉.

It's a pity about "never did repair" with you having had 6+ , you would be in a great position to check part interchangeability,

Maybe even get a YT video or two out of it.

Good luck.

.... Gotta set a timer if you walk away. The first time you forget your compressor is on...that's it. ...

Earmuffs on and I am staying with the compressor :) .

First/last time I walked away (and of course I got drifted away) I burned the piston crank arm. I had a brand new spare compressor head for $50 (aliexpress) and I replaced the whole, it was time for the oil change anyway ;) .