Yong heng: which one from where?

Does yours say yong heng on the side? Only one picture from that seller says yong heng. All the other pictures have a blank side. I was led to believe that if it didn't say yong heng on the side of the unit then they were clones and not real yong heng???

You have been misled. Not having anything printed on the side means nothing and if you order enough units from the maker they will print whatever you like on the side. You can tell if it's a Yong Heng made unit by the components. There are subtle differences in the hardware of the ones made by other companies. There are lots of myths about these pumps that seem to grow legs in forums like this one. Here is an example of a genuine YH with a different brand name on the side.
Annotation 2019-09-25 164005.1609395712.png

Does yours say yong heng on the side? Only one picture from that seller says yong heng. All the other pictures have a blank side. I was led to believe that if it didn't say yong heng on the side of the unit then they were clones and not real yong heng???

You have been misled. Not having anything printed on the side means nothing and if you order enough units from the maker they will print whatever you like on the side. You can tell if it's a Yong Heng made unit by the components. There are subtle differences in the hardware of the ones made by other companies. There are lots of myths about these pumps that seem to grow legs in forums like this one. Here is an example of a genuine YH with a different brand name on the side.
Annotation 2019-09-25 164005.1609395712.png

OK, then what we need from you is a detailed description of how we can tell a clone from the real thing? I was always told that clones did not have yong heng on the side.

What specific parts/components do we do a visual inspection of and how are they different? For example, the unit you show above, how do we know it is a real yong heng? It would really help if we all knew exactly how to tell if a specific compressor is actually a clone.

thanks,

Harry

The word clone is not a good description for these pumps. Clone suggests that it is an exact copy of an original design. There are at least a half dozen different brands of pumps that are similar to the YH. I believe that the Davv branded ones were around for at least a year before the YH name appeared. Does that make the YH a clone of the Davv? The brand that is closest in appearance to the YH is the Vevor branded model and I believe that it's this one that is usually mistaken as the YH clone. The easiest way of identifying a Vevor from a YH is the different cooling water spigots (quick connect shark mouth instead of brass barbs) and the black anodized water jacket. As far as I know, there is nothing on the market that is an exact copy or cloned YH. If anybody can provide evidence to the contrary, I will happily stand corrected. Here is another YH that an Australian importer is selling under his own name. 
IMG_6566-e1578811068685.1609469905.jpg

...The brand that is closest in appearance to the YH is the Vevor branded model and I believe that it's this one that is usually mistaken as the YH clone. ...

The 2nd stage on the Vevor is a lot different than a Yong Heng, internally and externally, so they are fairly easy to tell apart. The plumbing is different as well. On a Vevor, the 2nd stage output is on the side. On a Yong Heng, the 2nd stage output is on top. Though I have seen Yong Heng clones that were advertised as Vevor pumps. I think the Yong Heng has a more robust design 2nd stage than the Vevor.

...The brand that is closest in appearance to the YH is the Vevor branded model and I believe that it's this one that is usually mistaken as the YH clone. ...

The 2nd stage on the Vevor is a lot different than a Yong Heng, internally and externally, so they are fairly easy to tell apart. The plumbing is different as well. On a Vevor, the 2nd stage output is on the side. On a Yong Heng, the 2nd stage output is on top. Though I have seen Yong Heng clones that were advertised as Vevor pumps. I think the Yong Heng has a more robust design 2nd stage than the Vevor.

That is the exact point that I'm trying to make. There are no YH clones. All the other brands have easily identifiable differences that distinguish them from each other. The two examples that I posted are unquestionably made by Yong Heng and carry different names stenciled on the sides. I think that if a company would bother to counterfeit one of these to benefit from the trade name it would be easy to stencil the brand on the side. Mine is an Australian import. It has the YH logo on the side but no specification plate riveted to the cover like the US ones. Maybe it is something to do with local laws. It's a 240 volt unit with plugs for the inlet power cord and outlet water pump cord instead of the hard-wired models that I think are more common over there. If anybody has an example of what they claim is a clone, I would like to see it.