Yong heng weirdness

So I have been using this compressor trouble free for a while and recently it blew an oring on the external filter. After replacing and filling a tank up(500cc) the gauge on the compressor will read 4500 while the gauge on the rifle reads 3500! 1000psi off seems a bit extreme lol. I don't have a pressure tester but was wondering what you guys make of this. Bad gauge on the compressor?

I'm assuming you didn't have the problem before the O-ring failure. It sounds like you may have a piece of O-ring jammed in a hose or fitting. Check that nothing is blocked between the pump and whatever you are filling.

Well the ring pretty much just stretched out from me not tightening the filter properly before filling so I dont think there is blockage but I will check.

The most logical thing is a sudden pressure drop may have possibly damaged the gauge. I'd think a new gauge is in order and as noted use the lower pressure reading until that is done.

Umm... not sure if that's really logical. Bleeding the valve after filling also results in sudden pressure drop but I don't see anything happening to the gauge of my YH

The most logical thing is a sudden pressure drop may have possibly damaged the gauge. I'd think a new gauge is in order and as noted use the lower pressure reading until that is done.

Umm... not sure if that's really logical. Bleeding the valve after filling also results in sudden pressure drop but I don't see anything happening to the gauge of my YH

You could be right, but the OP stated the filter o-ring was blown out but seemed intact. Such a loss of pressure seems like it could occur faster than a normal bleed. In any event, if part of the o-ring blocking a passage isn't the problem, what would you consider as the most likely cause of the difference considering that they seemed to happen concurrently?

You would err on the side of caution by using the HIGHER fill gauge as what you assume the system to be at...using the LOWER of the two means that if its the incorrect gauge of the two, that you're potentially OVERFILLING....

Derp

Quite true, thanks for noting. Seems that the OP might be able to tell if the fill is actually matching the gun gauge (lower reading) by any change in shot count.