Yong Heng Water Purge

Just recently learned about the need to purge the water from a Yong Heng. Problem is, I don't when to purge. Should it be running? Should it be under pressure? Someone please provide steps to this process in step1, step2, step 3 form. I change my oil every 4 or 5 uses, which is probably why I haven't damaged anything yet. I getting ready for a charging session, so fellow members, please come to my assistance!

Thanks dark

You can crack the drain valve after some fill time to vent moisture while the compressor is running and under pressure. How often and how long depends on conditions where you fill but maybe a second every 5 minutes to start would work and increase or decrease as moisture content is noted. That is why many auto drains are programmable for duration and frequency of venting. I also allow mine to run with vent open for about 30 seconds after completing the fill to blow out as much moisture from the system as possible.

I fill my guns directly with the compressor. About half way through, I grab both knobs on either side of the unit and open them simutogetherouly (I know, no such word, but it just rolls off the fingers so easy) and let the thing run for about 5 seconds. A burst of moisture shoots out the side and then I start it up again and close the knobs each at the same time. Works so far.

Springrrr, so I am to assume the gun you're filling doesn't lose pressure when you release both screws while it's running?

dark

Technically, you're losing pressure when you crack the low and high side screw. The reality is that you're only opening those screws for a second, so the air loss is minimal and the only air you're losing is the compressed air in the compressor, not your tank or gun.

I crack the bleed screws on my compressor every 4-5 minutes. The little bit of air loss and added fill time is worth it to remove some of that bulk moisture to take some of the load off of my moisture filters.

Springrrr, so I am to assume the gun you're filling doesn't lose pressure when you release both screws while it's running?

dark

Correct, no air loss from the gun, just the air in the line. A good bit of moisture blasts out when both knobs are opened while under pressure. I believe it is best for the compressor to have the valves open and close them when it is running.

It takes less than 5 seconds to get back up to the pressure I left off at. For example, I fill from about 2000 PSI to 3000 PSI and crack the valves. Let the compressor run another 5 seconds, stop it and let it cool back down, start it, close the valves and continue to fill to 3500PSI before opening the vlaves again.