• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng warranty issues

Bought my unit thru walmart.com with the warranty, After 4hrs of run time, it would not pressurize past 1800psi. And heated up very fast. No problem, I have a warranty. Contacted Walmart for a claim, was told the seller is responsible the first year. They sent the seller an email, he responded by email telling me I need to replace the explosion proof valve with a longer one. I have 2 other Yong Hengs. The problem is the second stage piston. Basically told me I need to fix it myself. NOT! Contacted Walmart, raising hell about the warranty and they are now giving me my money back and told me to keep the Yong Heng. Just ordered a new piston assembly from Aliexpress. All's well that ends well. I run Royal Purple and ice water for no longer than 10 minutes at a time. Also this unit does not have yong heng on the cover, I think it was a clone, not well made. 

Had the same issue with my compressors. I bought mine on eBay, supposedly with 2 years warranty. I offered to do the repair myself, just wanted the parts to do it. The seller wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount for shipping the pistons from China. I filed a claim with PayPal and they refunded me the whole amount for both compression. Ordered the pistons on AliExpress for a lot less and fixed them myself. 
Warranty on this Chinese compressors is pretty much nonexistent. I purchased an Omega from AoA and it’s been trouble free for over 2 years. It’s Chinese too, but a lot higher quality, and there’s a company that stands behind them. 

I had a problem with Walmart also.

I ordered anYong Heng and they sent me a no name just like yours. I contacted the seller and they told me " this is an original Yong Heng and we are marketing this "new" model.

How can you promote a product if it doesn't even have a name on it?? After a lot of aggravation I sent the box back and had to put a dispute withy credit card. after a few weeks got my account credited for the amount I had paid.

In this world you get what you pay for. Those Chinese low dollar compressors are junk. Get a real compressor. It only hurts once. You won't regret it.There is no free lunch. You pay for it up front or in back, but pay for it you will. The difference is one way comes with aggravation and the other way does not. This section on this forum is full of stories just like these. How many lessons do you need?

steve-l

Accuracy: 

In this world you get what you pay for. Those Chinese low dollar compressors are junk. Get a real compressor. It only hurts once. You won't regret it.There is no free lunch. You pay for it up front or in back, but pay for it you will. The difference is one way comes with aggravation and the other way does not. This section on this forum is full of stories just like these. How many lessons do you need?

Actually I made money on this deal and got a free compressor. Walmart refunded all my money, the seller is giving me 20.00 for my trouble and I get to keep the compressor. After checking it out this morning it turns out it was just the gauge. I think there are more people happy with there cheap compressor than unhappy. I know people that paid 1200.00 for there compressor and they have had issues as well. To each his own.

I see the wisdom in these words. But the cost of a good compressor is exponentially higher than these cheap Yong Hengs. And there's just enough "my Yong Heng has been running fine for 40 hours with no issues" comments to lead one to believe it's worth rolling the dice. After all, for less than 300 bucks, if you get a good one -- it actually is worth it.

Hard to know what to do. I'm on the fence myself. I'm now trying to decide if I should just get a Sig ASP20 or a Benjamin Marauder (both in .22). The main hang up for me is the compressor for the Marauder (and the fact I can't find one for sale in .22 anywhere...but then I can't find the Sig in .22 anywhere either). Guess its a good thing both rifles are out of stock since I can't make up my mind, LOL.

Your only rolling the dice if you dont get the 3 year warranty. I have had 3 yong hengs, the first thing to fail on all of them was the cheap ass air gauge. I spent 1200.00 on a shoebox, I could have bought 4 yong hengs that money and been more happy. I had issues with the shoebox as well, so price doesn't really guarantee function and dependability. Most all of them are made in China anyway, dont you want to put more money in Joe and Hunters pockets?

$1200 does not buy a good new compressor. There is a very good reason you rarely see used Bauers......they don't break and they don't lose value. Like I said, when you buy a good one, it only hurts once! However, you do find them occasionally used. I found an old Bauer 4 cylinder bare pump. No controls, no cabinet, just the pump in a junk yard. It was an 80 liter per minute (ambient) compressor built in 1968. No repairs were required. I built the controls, mount and motor.. All in, it probably cost just under $1k. it just works. It will completely fill from no pressure a 12 liter scuba bottle in 30 minutes to 235 bar. It never overheats and I can fill bottle after bottle all day. One charged 12 liter bottle gives me dozens of gun fills. When I refill a bottle say from 180 bar, it take 5 to 8 minutes. Professional compressors are in a different league.

Stop using Royal Purple or any other 140 to 175 psi compressor oil. High pressure requires an ester based oil or you will experience carbon build up on the high side poiston, cylinder walls, and the carbon will prevent the reed valve from closing completely. This will prevent the compressor from giving a full fill. 

In sever cases the back pressure can cause so much back flow it can snap the crank or blow off the front crankcase cover. It is just about always blamed on the compressor, however it is user induced. Plain a simple. 

Use proper High Pressure oils designed for the purpose.

https://www.nuvair.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyJOBBhDCARIsAJG2h5fim59Bb21ah1a5xE_5YA1VqIAuN3j-SwBqvAdgl649urdoWzU97K4aAk0PEALw_wcB 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOBIL-827-Rarus-12oz-Oil-4500-PSI-Extreme-HIGH-Pressure-Yong-Heng-Air-Compressor/274608618484?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

There are many others. 

Knife

Stop using Royal Purple or any other 140 to 175 psi compressor oil. High pressure requires an ester based oil or you will experience carbon build up on the high side poiston, cylinder walls, and the carbon will prevent the reed valve from closing completely. This will prevent the compressor from giving a full fill. 

In sever cases the back pressure can cause so much back flow it can snap the crank or blow off the front crankcase cover. It is just about always blamed on the compressor, however it is user induced. Plain a simple. 

Use proper High Pressure oils designed for the purpose.

https://www.nuvair.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyJOBBhDCARIsAJG2h5fim59Bb21ah1a5xE_5YA1VqIAuN3j-SwBqvAdgl649urdoWzU97K4aAk0PEALw_wcB 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOBIL-827-Rarus-12oz-Oil-4500-PSI-Extreme-HIGH-Pressure-Yong-Heng-Air-Compressor/274608618484?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

There are many others. 

Knife

Glad you said that. 👍