• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong heng VS Vevor

So I got in pcp's about 4 years ago and that is when I bought my forst young hang compressor.. That thing filled 4 msa 45 min tanks from zero to empty with no issue of the rip. Then I've been refilling and topping all 4 tanks off 2-3 times a month with zero issue. Couple months back it would not fill anything past 3000psi so I tor it apart and serviced it..... Works flawlessly again.
So I got to thinking and thought I should probly buy another compressor jusssttt in case.
so I found the vevor compressor on ebay.. had just about the same terrible reviews as a Yong heng. and it was 20 bucks cheaper. $212 buck I paid for it.. Had the exact same specs as my Yong Heng. So I was like well what the hell I'll bite, if it's poop then I'll just out it on a shelf and buy another Yong heng since I had such good luck with it.
So far I've filled 1 tank from zero, and topped of 3. Had to see if it could handle the work I was about to give it. And first impressions the fit and finish seems to be better then the Yong heng, aND the only physical difference I see between them the the second stage cylinder head is about a half inch taller then the on on the Vevor , and the Vevor has a nice decorative cover over the front of the compressor. But as far as performance goes between the 2, they operate and function exactly the same. zero difference

I got a vevor YH type for about $100 when there was that sale a year or so ago. Similar function may be a little bit slower fill. On mine air leaks into the water line causing the circulating water to spurt/bubble a bit but the air has always been plenty dry and no problem filling. Maybe mine is a little slower because of the air that is leaking into the waterline and not going into the tank?

I got a vevor YH type for about $100 when there was that sale a year or so ago. Similar function may be a little bit slower fill. On mine air leaks into the water line causing the circulating water to spurt/bubble a bit but the air has always been plenty dry and no problem filling. Maybe mine is a little slower because of the air that is leaking into the waterline and not going into the tank?
I thought about buying a high end compressor but what for? These cheaper Yong heng and vevor work perfectly . and I bought a 2 water-oil separators with the replaceable cartridges and my air comes out as dry as a dogs @Ss. if I bought a new compressor every year id still be ahead of the game vs buying a high end model. There wasn't much beef back on vevor so I figured I would share my experience

Reactions: MrP
Speaking about these YH and clones compressors .... imagine the two stroke engines of our younger age in mid 80's .... air cooled mopeds with some level of oil lubrication... Yes, with some tweaking we could get higher RPM and faster street speeds and more noise, but ones you expose the engine to higher Temp for prolonged time - we actually baked the rings ... first goes the lower oil lubricating ring and next are the upper compression rings.
Going from there ... tinkering is up to you.
Me personally I would buy 5 YH's for a price of any "upper level" compressor, but that is just me.

Reactions: TonyP
Well, I'm glad you've had a heck of a lot better luck with a vevor than I've had. Mine at first would blow the burst disk at random pressures none at what they were suppose to but lower until I doubled the disk. The second stage ring stopped working fairly quickly so I disassembled it to replace the ring and found the bolt that holds the second stage piston to the first stage was loose. Got everything put back together like it's suppose to be along with some blue lock tight on the second stage piston bolt and it ran much better. Was never able to use it to fill 1 of my tanks as it would start to over heat. I replaced the water pump with a higher capacity fountain pump. Didn't help. Used lots of frozen bottles to keep the water cold. Still no joy. 🤬🤬 Gave up and bought a shoebox f10 a little over 4 years ago and never looked back. My vevor has been sitting in the box it came in in the garage ever since. Figured it would be good for a backup. If all you did was fill a PCP then it was fine.

These are absolutely functional and I used this type of compressor for a while (although my Yong Heng kept having issues).

One reason to get a slightly better compressor is because of the racket and the hassle as far as setting one of these things up and the amount of space it occupies. The vevor is so loud it has to be in the basement or garage and definitely requires ear protection, and it takes up a fair amount of space with the bucket and hoses, and both the compressor and the water pump need to be plugged in.

I got a gx cs4 when there was a sale after considering gx compressors for about a year - it is a better experience by a fair margin and i don't regret the purchase.

Has a built in water tank so it takes up very little space, I don't need to wear ear protection and can have a conversation while it's running in the room. It is a much slower cycle - more like a pumping sound and no vibration. No need to run it in the basement or garage which I appreciate. Also since this pump has a much higher fill rating, it is not being pushed to its upper limit when it tops off my 4500 psi buddy bottle.

The fact that it doesn't scare off my old cat, and that it's portable and can be powered by 12 v DC / automobile is icing on the cake.

Last edited: