• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng vs Tuxing Double Cylinder

Hi,

My Yong Heng is almost 4 years old and its dying. However I am looking at the Tuxing Double(twin) Cylinder just the standard model since I got all the filters already from my Yong Heng.

Does anyone know if the Double Cylinder model is more reliable then the Yong Heng for filling a 7 liter tank? Does it fill faster than a Yong Heng due the design? My Yong Heng served me well but it is so damn loud. I considered a dive compressor aswell but thats a bit out of my budget.

Talking about this model :
1689005691441.png

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
WOW! I am truly intrigued with this compressor, they must have redesigned the system since they are now suggesting the use of 5W-40 motor oil now!

It is also made to fill full SCBA bottles, 6.9L all at once with no cooldown cycles to 4500 PSI!

One would be able to do oils changes monthly with little cost and with the long duty cycle, I bet it would last longer as well.

I'd get the 4 year warranty myself, just sayin' ;)

Tuxing.jpg

WOW! I am truly intrigued with this compressor, they must have redesigned the system since they are now suggesting the use of 5W-40 motor oil

Or maybe, just maybe, their marketing is not on the same page as engineering.

The Tuxing is the same basic compressor as the Yong Heng. So they separated the HP and LP stages and moved them to separate cylinders, redesigning a few things. Great. As a result, it runs smoother and quieter. Perhaps fills marginally faster. That's it. Other than that, don't expect miracles from it. Still the same Chinese assembly, quality control, and support. And definitely don't use motor oils in it.

Or maybe, just maybe, their marketing is not on the same page as engineering.

The Tuxing is the same basic compressor as the Yong Heng. So they separated the HP and LP stages and moved them to separate cylinders, redesigning a few things. Great. As a result, it runs smoother and quieter. Perhaps fills marginally faster. That's it. Other than that, don't expect miracles from it. Still the same Chinese assembly, quality control, and support. And definitely don't use motor oils in it.

Dorcu-Downer!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ries
I've long suspected that the air venturi compressor is just a rebranded twin cylinder tuxing with a few minor tweaks. Sometimes wonder if I'd have been better off getting a tuxing over the air venturi. The air venturi has been pretty good to me apart from Sometimes needing high pressure piston ring changes more often than I'd like

A friend of mine has the TUXING twin cylinder compressor, the one with the two gold filters on it but not the radiator. A storm knocked the power out and when the electricity came back on, the compressor fired up somehow. It was out in his shop so he had no knowledge of it. It ran for 12 hours straight before he discovered it. The compressor had no load on it thankfully, so it didn’t build a lot of heat. When he found it, it was just purring along at 137 degrees. His filters, of course, were saturated but apparently no damage to the unit.

Last edited:
Hi,

My Yong Heng is almost 4 years old and its dying. However I am looking at the Tuxing Double(twin) Cylinder just the standard model since I got all the filters already from my Yong Heng.

Does anyone know if the Double Cylinder model is more reliable then the Yong Heng for filling a 7 liter tank? Does it fill faster than a Yong Heng due the design? My Yong Heng served me well but it is so damn loud. I considered a dive compressor aswell but thats a bit out of my budget.

Talking about this model :
View attachment 371610
I have one over these compressors except I've got the one with the cage around it and I have had a lot of good luck with it I feel a 6.8 l bottle one to two times a week for about 6 months now and the thing is still running strong the biggest thing to never let it overheat too far and keep the hydraulic oil changed when it gets dark compared to the young hang I have had four young hangs and not one of them lasted more than a month in fact most didn't even get to the first fill. As far as my experience with the tuxing I would absolutely recommend

A friend of mine has the TUXING twin cylinder compressor, the one with the two gold filters on it but not the radiator. A storm knocked the power out and when the electricity came back on, the compressor fired up somehow. It was out in his shop so he had no knowledge of it. It ran for 12 hours straight before he discovered it. The compressor had no load on it thankfully, so it didn’t build a lot of heat. When he found it, it was just purring along at 137 degrees. His filters, of course, were saturated but apparently no damage to the unit.
I always unplug the compressor when not in use.. same as the shop compressor and welder and machine tools..
Mark

I have one over these compressors except I've got the one with the cage around it and I have had a lot of good luck with it I feel a 6.8 l bottle one to two times a week for about 6 months now and the thing is still running strong the biggest thing to never let it overheat too far and keep the hydraulic oil changed when it gets dark compared to the young hang I have had four young hangs and not one of them lasted more than a month in fact most didn't even get to the first fill. As far as my experience with the tuxing I would absolutely recommend
Thanks! I always changed my oil on my Yong Heng aswell when the colour went dark. How long does it take to fill your bottle to 300 bar again? Im mostly pumping from 200-300 bar.

I've long suspected that the air venturi compressor is just a rebranded twin cylinder tuxing with a few minor tweaks. Sometimes wonder if I'd have been better off getting a tuxing over the air venturi. The air venturi has been pretty good to me apart from Sometimes needing high pressure piston ring changes more often than I'd like
Where do you get the high pressure piston rings for it?

Where do you get the high pressure piston rings for it?
Here. They're pricey unfortunately and you need 3 of them. Yes, that price is for 1

My air venturi just took a major dump, cracked crank case and fried motor. I moved on to a cs4, and decided to offer my air venturi for parts. I had actually just recently replaced the high pressure piston rings on mine, filled my tank maybe twice with it before the failure, so my rings should be good. I could sell you the whole piston if you're interested.

Last edited: