Yong Heng vs Omega Trail Charger

With the 12V option it may be worth it to some that do not have the 120 or 220v available or need a, no doubt, less noisy machine. Still to me that is allot to pay for the beautiful case, less noise and the 12v option none of which I am in any great need of. The Yong Heng fills faster than the Trail Charger although that isn't a big deal to me either.

If my income was a bit higher I might choose the Trail Charger though as having money to waste can influence one's choices greatly. 

I have the yong heng been using it regularly for over two years without a snag and never used a drop of royal purple in it I use compressor oil from Napa $7.50 a quart but I change it when it starts getting dirty, it worked so well for me for the first year I bought a second one just to have “in case” I top off my great white tank from 3000 to 4600 on a regular basis, also my scba tanks. Not sure if the trail charger will do that, if you treat the yong heng good it will last a long time that’s just been my experience

A42CE519-1302-4B9F-856D-E49E468D8E74.1615852745.jpeg

I think the Trail Charger is good; liquid cooled/ mobile and relatively not heavy for a compact, contained-liquid cooled unit. Expensive yes, at ~$800. But if she is your first and only (and you're not needing to fill a 100cf tank often) I'd say she worth it. All the characteristics seen in reviews on youTube are legit.

(Have no experience with others other than the Nomad 2.)

Have filled my 75cf tank from almost 0bar to 300bar. I don't do it often but it works fine..takes a while but am in no rush. Usually running in the background while am working; time set on my phone... 20min running; 20min cool down... took ~320min (or ~5.3hrs) of running time to fill to 300bar. Though I did spread it across 4days or so.. again, no rush; was running it in the background as was busy doing other stuff anyway. In summary, can she do it.. yes. (Was being conservative with the 20 running / 20 off times too; manual says 30min run/ 20 min cool.)

Anyway as for direct fills to pcps, easy job for her. Not fast as the YH am assuming.

I believe if comparing YH to TC, what you paying $$ for is the convenience/mobility/contained liquid cooling package of the TC vs overall speed and perhaps ability to fill a big scuba faster(?) for less $$ of the YH. Whether the TC is expensive or worth that much more over the YH at this point is how you view the benefits of each or what you value more. All comes at a price I suppose.

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck with the decision :)

Let's see those trail chargers last a significant amount of time. And pass the reliability test.

Those nomads absolutely suck IMO.

The Nomad history hasn't seemed to be good but the convenience (if it was reliable) would be nice. What I find odd is that PA continues to sell the Nomad with 1 year warranty. How is that possible if a truly high percentage is failing?

Let's see those trail chargers last a significant amount of time. And pass the reliability test.

Those nomads absolutely suck IMO.

The Nomad history hasn't seemed to be good but the convenience (if it was reliable) would be nice. What I find odd is that PA continues to sell the Nomad with 1 year warranty. How is that possible if a truly high percentage is failing?

Yeah, the many, almost out of the box failures/ disappoints reported vs PA, still selling the Nomad 2s w/1yr warranty, don't add up. Personally have not had any issues; knock on wood :). Thats not to say there aren't those lemons that failed quality control we get once a while.

Overall I use use/operate mine for what it's intent was...to only/mostly fill direct to airgun. Can it it fill a medium tank or a tank general... am sure it can, but just like with the Trail Charger, need to do so smartly/ with caution (i.e. time vs heat generated, and controlled pressure equalization). 

What I like about the Nomad is its light weight/portably; almost half the weight of the TC. Slightly louder than than the TC but nothing close to unbearable. Its good more for when your running about and need quick/short fills. TC is not bad but if I was out and about mostly, Nomad would be the choice.

YH aside (as have yet experienced), If intent use was more at home or stationary; I'd go with the TC for its water cooling, over the Nomad. 

We'll see how long they all last, lol. Though I think key to longevity to these little machines is your maintenance and awareness of how your putting them to use vs their intent build.

I've had some of the same questions and concerns as the OP. I am leaning towards the Trail Charger myself, but still contemplating. I only have 1 PCP, Impact MKII, and probably wouldn't need the ability to refill multiple times with a bottle, so a guppy would work (which seems like it would fill my gun twice). One of my concerns is if I get a larger caliber and shoot through a tank of air with a lot fewer shots, am I going to wish I had a bigger tank and compressor?