Yong Heng update.

Well after I replaced the piston rod, filled my impact with air and no oil in the crankcase of the compressor, and tightened some screws on the case YH #2 is running well. I just filled a 90ci buddy tank from zero to 4300psi in 14 minutes. The final temperature reading was only 50C. ;^) It's been a crazy ride getting here though.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yong-heng-2-got-a-new-rod-and-its-happy-aagain/?referrer=1

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yong-heng-mods-update/?referrer=1

Edit;

What I forgot to say is I changed oils, from the Husky brand Synthetic compressor oil, to the Seco Lube 500 awhile back at heavy-Impacts recommendation. It is what high compression compressors are posed to use as it has a much higher flash point than the oils made for the lower psi compressors so, no detonation will be happening as the unit ages. Only heard of a couple of detonation problems but better safe than sorry I guess. A huge plus with the new oil is it doesn't smell at all. Something I really appreciate when using my YH in the closed up basement.

Reactions: Ctkny and Ezana4CE
Good work!

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from the air gun world and now getting back into it. I also had to make some repairs to my yh compressor. I see you're running Seco 500, I might be ordering some of that soon. What's the flash point of Seco? I have amsoil iso 100 with a flash point of 503°f. (262°c) laying around I might give that a go if comparable to seco, but does have a smell to it.

Well after I replaced the piston rod, filled my impact with air and no oil in the crankcase of the compressor, and tightened some screws on the case YH #2 is running well. I just filled a 90ci buddy tank from zero to 4300psi in 14 minutes. The final temperature reading was only 50C. ;^) It's been a crazy ride getting here though.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yong-heng-2-got-a-new-rod-and-its-happy-aagain/?referrer=1

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yong-heng-mods-update/?referrer=1

Edit;

What I forgot to say is I changed oils, from the Husky brand Synthetic compressor oil, to the Seco Lube 500 awhile back at heavy-Impacts recommendation. It is what high compression compressors are posed to use as it has a much higher flash point than the oils made for the lower psi compressors so, no detonation will be happening as the unit ages. Only heard of a couple of detonation problems but better safe than sorry I guess. A huge plus with the new oil is it doesn't smell at all. Something I really appreciate when using my YH in the closed up basement.

Well you sold me here! I use this compressor in my apartment and the smell using the aw46 is atrocious, can give a headache if I dont leave the door open to vent (i run the compressor near the door). Problem is lately its been single digits so leaving the door open is a big inconvenience. Where are you purchasing the Seco Lube 500 if you don't mind me asking?

I'm gonna order a gallon of the seco lube 500 has a Flashpoint of 520°f. 800 has a flash point of 585°f with a auto ignition temp listed of 815°f, while the 500 is non applicable. Not sure of the compatibility with the seals in the yh but if yall are running the 500 without issue I'm in!

the filter tech place is the cheapest I've found

Thanks for the info!

Need to increase the pressure as the std industrial tanks only have a little over 2000 psi in them. They do have very high pressure tanks but the regulator equipment is very expensive due to the 6000 psi cylinder that also weighs about 400 lbs very hard to move. I have been using Nitrogen in both of my compressors since I started this PCP rabbit hole journey.

I started with a GX-CS2 then I got a Tuxing TXED011 and a 74cf bottle as it seemed like the Avenger @4351 psi was not good for the little GX and would shorten its life considerably.

The tuxing fills my Maurader in less than a minute and the avenger in 1 min 10 seconds, I dont even try on Prod or the Beeman 1357

This is the oil I use in my YH.

Nuvair 751 Paintball & Industrial Air Reciprocating Compressor Oil

751_1.1641404949.jpg

Here is the data sheet for it

download.png
 View attachment Nuvair_751_2019.1641405437.pdf