• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng unbranded help.....

Look at the unit. Virtually all have two stages as one can't do the compression needed.

Several of our members bought Yong Heng and Tuxing units. Both seem to do about as well as the other. I have the Yong Heng, and it works. 

Not to say I haven't had problems over the 3 years owning it. Broken piston, blown dowdy seals, leaks galore I've had to track down (Knock on wood, working at the moment)

If you are looking for a YH (tuxings are different, but have had good reports). Look for 

1. the name painted on the side.
  2. 3 air pipes on the front of the compressor. Two vertical and one horizontal. Some units don't have all 3. I don't know if that is a better design or not, but the traditional unit I have used 3 pipes on the front.
  3. As Dizzums said, higher volume vendor.
  4. Look at where it ships from. If China, you'll wait. If somewhere in the US, it'll come a lot faster and probably been inspected for obvious shipping damage. My first compress was mangled before shipping and had to be sent back.
    [/LIST=1]

If a high volume dealer is $20 more than someone with 5 feedbacks, spend the extra $20. It does not guarantee a better experience, but in my experience sure improves the odds of a good experience.

I highly recommend the YH compressors, my experience is that when they work, they work very well. In my case, yes there are scuba shops in Salt Lake but at $15 to 30 per fill, doesn't take long to justify the compressor. Very happy I have one.

Mattfly

Go to SEARCH section of forum, type "Yong Heng" in Air Tanks, Compressor section. Search title and by date, you'll find a mountain of information, including several members with identical questions to yours. I recently purchased a genuine Yong Heng on Ebay and shared the seller used and other particulars. You'll also find great information to help you choose which type of Yong Heng you want to purchase. Saltlake 58 gave some great advice, take that information, add what you find during your search, then come back, if you still have questions. As always, we're willing to help.

WM