• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng /Type compressor..UPDATE

Hi Folks,

Figured others might want to know this, I picked up a Yong/Heng or a type there of on Ebay for 89.99 including shipping out of Florida...they say they are new...when I bought mine it said 3 had sold in the last hour and it is now Thursday 4:08 EST. Hopefully I will get it and its not a refund because of a typo. Hope this is helpful to some folks

Take care everyone

These deals are common and usually bogus. Somehow the hackers seem to hijack or duplicate a legitimate seller's account. A clue is to check out what other products are on the vendor's list of products. If you are able to find the correct page it will show the true details and ratings of that company. The last one that I saw was using the name of a cloaths seller in the UK. The dodgy account won't have any reviews or history. If they are offering free shipping it will confirm my warning.

Eaglebeak

Checked out other products on vendor's list of products. Seems the only other thing he sells is Glazed Ceramic Bean Pots with Warming Plates for $99. (Free shipping) Seems like odd combination with Yong Heng Compressor, but might be some specialty importer.

WM

Sounds like it fits all the clues. You should get your money back from eBay. The biggest thing that should make anybody run away from this type of scam is the price. Who is going to sell you something for less than cost and ship it to you for free? How much do you think that it costs to ship something that heavy from China to Florida and then from there to you, where ever that may be? It doesn't make sense.

Hi Folks,

It was a pure scam, I was able to get my money back through paypal. I "dropped a dime" on them with Ebay and they were very quick to pull the listing down...oh well, still, 239 bucks for a Yong Heng is still not a bad deal elsewhere on Ebay.

I personally make and sell a lot of holsters on Ebay and have some dealings with them. When they pull a listing that fast on a vendor, something is terribly wrong....they must have that same vendor ID pop up before in complaint of possible fraudulent activity...Ebay pulled the plug on them fast!

Anyway, I hope the other 11 folks who "bought" one will not be out of any money.

I would sum it up as : Only buy from those who have some feedback ratings

Take care everyone!