Yong Heng " trouble "

Air velocity sports on you tube has a good video on tearing down the yong heng and replacing parts. Basically there is a check valve in the leaving block that is prone to failure you might check. Other than that, rings. You might get by with replacing the high side (o)rings. There should be some in the parts kit. A lot of people commented that replacing the piston assembly is best because the low side rings wear too.

If I had that problem I would first fire the compressor up and take it to as high of pressure as it will reach and then shut it down without purging and check for leaks again as that is usually the problem.

Next I would inspect the check valves. One in the high pressure block in the fitting under the burst disc and the other is in the fitting, on the larger diameter line, under the high pressure cylinder near the high pressure block.

Then I would check the reed valves as they can get carboned up depending on the oil you use.

If those are not a problem there then your second stage piston rings are likely to blame. Especially if you have overheated the unit in the past or it has some hours on it.

Sambo Cotton has done a bunch of videos on the teardown and reassembly of the Yong Heng,

He gets into it way more than you need but you can glean the info you need if you need from those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsBcKSVeGk&ab_channel=sambocotton

Beer,

With handpumping 250 bar PCPs making me reluctant to shoot, not to mention moisture introduction, I was at a crossroads. Unable to afford a big dollar compressor, the Yong Heng, at $270, was the answer. Now, I enjoy filling my airguns almost as much as shooting them. Agreed, Chinese quality control is spotty, however, most authentic Yong Hengs are fine and serve their owners faithfully. My two cents, WM

@beerthief, not everyone can afford to drop more than $300 at a time for a compressor. I have a backup YH but that came to me through "horse trading" equipment. Just as not everyone can afford to drop $2K on their 1st rifle, we do what we're financially capable of @ the moment. I see more "troubles" posted about Impacts & Mavs than Yong Hengs. Just because one spends more doesn't mean troubles will be less. I think the YH is great for what it is. YMMV. BTW, of course you hear more about problems, how many of us post every day to say how great things are working? For every 1 complaint there's probably a hundred owners with NO complaints. 

Beats me why people buy these things ??!! All i hear is about the trouble , seems to me they should buy two , one to use while the other is repaired .

Like most other things of course you hear about the ones having problems. Why would those that are having no problems and just using their's complain about it? Only problem I have had with mine was shipping damage. Got it replaced within 5 days and it has been running fine since.