Yong Heng to Hill 3000

My Yong Heng finally gave up after three years of trouble free use , the water cooling and oil changes was starting to get old so I went with the Hill 3000 yes It costs a lot more but hopefully Ill get twice the use out of It ....

The Hill seems like a nice compressor-hope you enjoy it. 3 years use from an inexpensive compressor such as the Yong Heng seems like a good return on investment. I'm one of the "lucky ones" also I guess. My YH still works great just past 3 years now. Seems quite a few others have noted the same. A little information on your YH use might help others trying to decide on a compressor. What temp/humidity did you usually operate under? Additional filtration? What cooling procedures did you use-water/water and ice/external fan? What lube did you use? Updates on the Hill performance would probably be useful as well.

Yup the Yong Hengs are a pretty decent compressor for the money and they last so long because they are water cooled. 

The EC3000 is air cooled and will shut down when it gets warm which will make it last a bit longer but I have my doubts it will outlast your $300 Yong Heng. 

Keep us up to date on your usage and how it werqs out for you.

Yong Heng are great value for the money and I hear the newer version are even more robust I believe the piston and o rings are better quality . Mine started leaking air from the vertical tube lower fitting so I took It apart and found the o ring on the valve ( the one with the spring attached ) looked a little worse for wear so I replaced It , but no luck still leaked maybe even worse than It was before I took It apart . while I was at It I took the head of checked the piston rings and o rings all seemed good , I thought about buying a kit for It but like I said water and oil changes got old and I thought hell this Is a good excuse for a new compressor and mine didn't have the shut of valve so I had to hang around while Yong did Its thing . As Worriedman suggested I might buy a repair kit and If that fixes It keep It as a back up , but for the $$$ I would recommend the Yong Heng to anybody .

Big shout out tp PA I know they have been getting a lot of stick lately , I ordered the Hill on Friday got It on Sunday morning and free shipping not to shabby , the Hill has been out for a year + now so I was thinking hopefully all the teething troubles have been sorted I know there was a software problem at one point , anyway the Hill was delivered today the box was In great shape no damage did the prep work on the Hill filled my FX dream line tac from around 120 to 250 bar In about a minuet ( I have a 300cc bottle on It ) a little smaller than I thought but that's fine and I would say half the DBs of the Yong Heng so pretty quiet.

So far so good no regrets about buying the Hill compressor solid and well built seems like a nice bit of kit .