Yong heng stopped working

This could have been caused by a host of conditions. One thus certain, there was an over current condition and something smoked. The motor should have an overload protection and popped. If the overload fails then your circuit breaker should have popped. If this was 1st time starting...it could be many reasons up to and including defective motor/overload/wiring etc...

The first few start ups on the Yong Heng compressors are definitely high draw operations. Make sure you have it plugged into a wall socket. Preferably no extension cords although a short one good for 15-20 werqing amps is usually acceptable.

You should immediately shut down the compressor anytime it buzzes even for a second or two. Letting it run in that state, even for a few seconds, is likely to do some serious damage. You can often turn the motor a little with the fan on the back and it will start up after a problem like that. Something to try anyway. 

Smoke is never a good thing although they do have overload protection they are made in China so it may not always werq as per design. Letting any of that magic smoke out of the unit can be a serious problem.

I wish you luck.

Is it under warranty? Did you buy the extended warranty what is the basic warranty for it?

Your credit card might help with doubling your warranty time if you know the perks.

If it was purchased from Aliexpress they might have some sort of 60 or 90 days guarantee.

EBay with PayPal or Amazon might have some sort of. satisfaction guarantee to look in to.

I would not attempt to fiddle with any thing until going through the proper warranty calls and or recourse channels.

I think it's insane if you have to pay out of pocket to repair a defective item with in warranty period if you haven't put it to reasonable use first atleast a year or 2.

It would be very upsetting if the buyer has to foot the bill for return shipping and insurance for a defective item.

I have read some instances where buyers got refund for defective items from Aliexpress and Amazon and EBay and was told to keep it.