• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng - right model?

DY,

Looks exactly like the Yong Heng Set Pressure model I bought last Spring. First time I ever heard of Techtongda, though. I paid $272.50 for mine from best-homepro on eBay, free shipping, no tax. Best-homepro now sells Set Pressures for $285.00 on eBay. He has no option for purchase of extended warranty, like Walmart. It's my understanding a real Yong Heng will have a metal plate on side, like this, showing manufactured by Yong Heng. WM
IMG_20220105_213135.1642041033.jpg

I've had 4 of the Yong Heng in the last 4 years. First one I messed up by running it dry of oil when the oil breather broke and all the oil ran out. The next three have had various problems after a short while, currently a blown high pressure gasket.

So, my advice is buy one with a warranty. A big advantage is that they are easy to repair if you have any sort of mechanical experience and parts are cheap and available from Ali Baba.

They are a good unit. My first one lasted for over a year. I don't know if QA has decreased or if I've just been unlucky on the last ones.

But, at $15 to fill a bottle to 4500psi around here it doesn't take long to pay for itself.

Nothing wrong with the Set pressure model. It was their top of the line model until the digital model came out. I have two of them. Only complaint I have is the gauges die about every year or so. Easy to find and easy to replace though.

The Hardcover editions is good also. The Autostop and Simple versions are good ones to stay away from.

I think you can do better on the price if you shop around though.

The Digital compressors have been out for over a year but there is not allot of info out there on them as yet. I don't expect allot of people are willing to pay the extra $$ just for the digital gauges as that seems to be the only difference. 

I can say that the pressure gauge on the "Set Pressure" model dies at about a year though I have two of that model and they both died within that time frame.

I will be getting one, of the Digital units, in the next few months, just cuz and will keep in touch on the AGN.