Yong Heng remote mount gauge

With aging eyes, I found myself way to close for comfort trying to read that small, yong heng, gauge. Time to move it.

M10/1.0 threads on the gauge port so I needed an adapter. M10/1.0 male x 1/8th Fpt gets me where I want to be.

A decent 2.5” glycerin filled gauge, 2 feet of quality air hose, a coupling, and an aluminum plate.

I’m thinking this is a “must have“ for you guys running your compressor on a lower shelf or the bottom of a cart.

6F37D649-4E98-4077-BF2F-E2BD849388CB.jpeg
D185909F-D6E3-4232-8D44-300EBB172C06.jpeg
B5E54466-EB9D-4D4C-9DCF-D2D189E51C99.jpeg
CA1DA35E-7DC6-446B-A2D1-1011C550DD73.jpeg
988905CC-787C-4C9C-9D58-F4E465357A40.jpeg
E83C11DE-B00C-47EA-AD00-E534C40C3D04.jpeg

Reactions: mb94952 and Rodeo
I like it!

I want to make a quick connect gauge that I can insert anywhere along the line that I want to, from right at the compressor clear through the air highway, right up to the connector on the gun. Just trying to decide what make and type (Analog or Digital) on the gauge. I want something that is very accurate, but won't break the bank.
Define accurate — something certified is going to cost. Now I at least have gauges that match and read really close to the same pressure — Are they accurate? I don’t know.

I recently purchased a fill set off the classifieds here, turned out the gauge was off by almost 50 bar. Luckily it was reading higher than the actual pressure. Would have been blown burst disk city if it was 40 to 50 bar low. Unfortunately 4 of my scba tanks where low — didn’t know it till trying to fill a gun to 250 bar and couldn’t get there off the tank.

One of the reasons I did the remote gauge was because of this faulty gauge. I will always have 2 gauges while filling tanks from compressor.

Very cool. How long have you owned you Blue Box and do you like it ? I've owned mine for 3 years now with zero issues, knock on wood.
I’ve only had the YH for a couple months. I do like it but I like to tinker. A few small leaks developing, and blew a burst disk today which took some doing to get resealed with the new disk.

Reactions: mb94952
I’ve only had the YH for a couple months. I do like it but I like to tinker. A few small leaks developing, and blew a burst disk today which took some doing to get resealed with the new disk.
So, if you had to do it again, would you buy it or get the GX4 ? I haven't used mine yet, but am willing to spend more to get more. Thanks.
Oh, I'm also a tinkerer. I don't hunt, just shoot for fun.

So, if you had to do it again, would you buy it or get the GX4 ? I haven't used mine yet, but am willing to spend more to get more. Thanks.
Oh, I'm also a tinkerer. I don't hunt, just shoot for fun.
I also have a gx2 or 3 I forget which one. That compressor was my 1st and it’s great for filling direct to gun. It is slow. From what I’m reading the gx4 is just as slow but seems to run for long periods of time just fine.

I bought the YH when I needed to fill larger scba tanks. I have 2 - 30 minute tanks and 2 - 60 minute tanks. The version GX pump that I have would be painful trying to fill those.

The question is, Do you have the time and patience to babysit the gx pump while it does it’s thing?

Reactions: mb94952