Yong Heng - real or not

IMO, save your money up and get a compressor that doesn't require you to use a bucket of ice.
I been using my cheap exploding yong heng for five years and have never used any ice.you know what I did with the money I saved by not buying one of those very slow high priced compressors?I brought two fx rifles,a 22 streamline and a 25 dreamline classic and thousands of pellets...you must be one of those guys that bought a high priced compressor that broke down.yong heng was the best purchase I made other than the fx rifles...a bucket of ice what a joke...

I been using my cheap exploding yong heng for five years and have never used any ice.you know what I did with the money I saved by not buying one of those very slow high priced compressors?I brought two fx rifles,a 22 streamline and a 25 dreamline classic and thousands of pellets...you must be one of those guys that bought a high priced compressor that broke down.yong heng was the best purchase I made other than the fx rifles...a bucket of ice what a joke...

Ive never used ice either, use a good oil and they last forever, I have a brand new top end i bought off aliexpress for a whopping 30 bucks when I feel like it is slowing down. I fill tanks all day with it, i love it.

Hi Geezerhood. This is just my opinion, but I would not buy the auto-shutoff version. Auto-shutoff only uses air pressure to decide when to shut down. The yong heng can get really hot and only YOU can watch the temperature guage and shut it down when the temp gets too high. Personally, I would never walk away from my yong heng while it's running.
grungy

Thanks for the heads up and advice. I still think I would like the auto shut off if I can get one for not much more $$, otherwise I will get the non auto with the bigger water separator. I just ordered a 6.7 liter Acecare 4500psi carbon tank with the filling station and hose for $122 shipped on Aliexpress.

Thanks for the heads up and advice. I still think I would like the auto shut off if I can get one for not much more $$, otherwise I will get the non auto with the bigger water separator. I just ordered a 6.7 liter Acecare 4500psi carbon tank with the filling station and hose for $122 shipped on Aliexpress.
Be advised that the auto shutoff is a weak design. My gauge failed in the first 6 months. If you do go for the auto shutdown, go ahead and order a replacement gauge so you have it when you need it. I just don’t use the gauge on my compressor and rely on my fill set or gun gauge.

lol, you sound personally offended over a motor. hey, you bought an FX, you must be smart.

lol, you sound personally offended over a motor. hey, you bought an FX, you must be smart.
if you think I can be offended by anything you are sadly mistaken.for your information I have three fx rifles...I just over the top running the yong Heng for five years,matter of fact I have two yong Heng compressors.i have only used one of them in the five years filling fx rifles...

FB_IMG_1657084539416.jpg

At my local air gun store a tank fill is $15, add $5 for fuel. $20 a fill (for my case). If a YH is $300 shipped then you get a payback after 15 fills. Based on reported "three years and running fine" as reported by many in these forums seems like a good deal even with a bucket of water. To the OP yours looks just like mine except mine has the Yong Heng logo on the case and I have the automatic shutoff setting on the pressure guage. I suspect yours is just fine(y)

Last edited:
JT,
On January 27, 2019, Moonlitnite49 produced a video, "Yong Heng Compressor Setup Secrets- Part 1 Tips, Tricks and Traps." Check it out on YouTube, especially @ 4:30, if you want to see what happened when someone purchased a "look-alike" Yong Heng clone. WM
Great videos, I developed a checklist for set up and running the thing from them.

Reactions: WorriedMan
The yong heng can get really hot and only YOU can watch the temperature guage and shut it down when the temp gets too high. Personally, I would never walk away from my yong heng while it's running.
Important accessory is a laser type IR thermometer to check the actual second stage head temp. The unit temp guage and probe takes an average reading between the primary and secondary stages. The secondary stage is the one you want to watch.

The pump that is in your pictures is a definite Yong Heng hardcover version. I have never seen nor heard of a so-called clone that matches the exact plumbing and features of the YH branded unit. The YH pump is itself a clone of the early Davv unit. You didn't mention what parts are missing. I assume it's the plastic bag with spare O-rings and other consumables. Your supplier has promised to follow up on your request and make it right. The auto-stop versions are more trouble than that feature is worth and you seem to have negotiated a ripper deal, why would you send it back? It doesn't look used to me. That stupid comment about needing ice is not only not unsupported it is the opposite of what a local dealer in this country (AU) recommends. He states in his own, more detailed instructions, that if there is evidence that ice has been used, it will void your warranty.

Hi Geezerhood. This is just my opinion, but I would not buy the auto-shutoff version. Auto-shutoff only uses air pressure to decide when to shut down. The yong heng can get really hot and only YOU can watch the temperature guage and shut it down when the temp gets too high. Personally, I would never walk away from my yong heng while it's running.

It be my luck id depend on it to auto stop and as soon as my back was turned thats when it would burn up or blow up...lol... thats how things work around here for me..

Also seemed a guy got a knock off like above and when it did go down the yh parts available did not quite match up. Like he said the piston rod used in his was not the same yh part or little things just off. Just dont know if that minor difference could be the difference in rebuilding it or not. , Dont know?

The pump that is in your pictures is a definite Yong Heng hardcover version. I have never seen nor heard of a so-called clone that matches the exact plumbing and features of the YH branded unit. The YH pump is itself a clone of the early Davv unit. You didn't mention what parts are missing. I assume it's the plastic bag with spare O-rings and other consumables. Your supplier has promised to follow up on your request and make it right. The auto-stop versions are more trouble than that feature is worth and you seem to have negotiated a ripper deal, why would you send it back? It doesn't look used to me. That stupid comment about needing ice is not only not unsupported it is the opposite of what a local dealer in this country (AU) recommends. He states in his own, more detailed instructions, that if there is evidence that ice has been used, it will void your warranty.
I am not disputing this using ice statement, but would like to understand why the temperature of the water running through the pump would void a warranty, especially because the purpose of the water flow is to cool the compressor. Water coming from my faucet in the wintertime is certainly as cold as that water would be. And a colder compressor would, at least theoretically, mean less water in the compressed air.

I am not disputing this using ice statement, but would like to understand why the temperature of the water running through the pump would void a warranty, especially because the purpose of the water flow is to cool the compressor. Water coming from my faucet in the wintertime is certainly as cold as that water would be. And a colder compressor would, at least theoretically, mean less water in the compressed air.
Water-cooled reciprocating compressors are similar to internal combustion engines. The tolerances are machined to match the correct clearances at the safe operating temperature range (50c-80c) that the machine is designed to run at. Running an engine too cold will reduce the tolerances and cause more ware and risk seizing or nipping up. This is the main reason that water-cooled motors run thermostats. I know that I will get flack from the people that claim " I use ice and it works fine for me" brigade but anybody that understands basic engineering will get what I'm talking about. The only damage that I've heard about from overheating is when someone forgets to turn the coolant pump on and cooks the top end. My unit is over five years old and the only maintenance has been a few Dowty washers and changing the oil once after breaking in. I admit that it is not my only source of air but it does a reasonable amount of work and I consider it excellent bang for buck. The temperature of the coolant has absolutely nothing to do with the water content of the compressed air. The water content of the air coming out is dependent only on the humidity of the air going in.
PS. I tried to upload the blog with the private dealer info. but there seems to be a bug in the process.

View attachment Dealer advice.txt

Last edited: