• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng - real or not

Just made an offer for this as it’s listed as new open box. Then he excepted my offer of $150 with free shipping. But I’m concerned it’s a clone and that it seams to be missing parts. Any advice on this. I just messaged him asking if the rest of the parts are with it as he listed it as new open box.
94462CA4-A5F5-4244-8D19-0A54D8D850FD.jpeg
003519D9-B5F1-42B8-8669-D7D428937339.jpeg
2BCED5E5-F006-4533-8A77-F202EC5C80ED.jpeg
C70FB288-7213-4B1E-90FB-B57402F0AFCB.jpeg
0ADF61A8-6ED9-4160-B495-6C3DF25C3C0A.jpeg
2BC14482-847D-43B5-9543-D30CFF1692A0.jpeg
9A704989-2D69-4D65-B99A-1661C93049B2.jpeg
FE0F6DC9-F940-4AA3-AC70-11B575B65D6E.jpeg
A02ED84A-5D19-48BD-8D0E-9148BF2B34E6.jpeg

Just made an offer for this as it’s listed as new open box. Then he excepted my offer of $150 with free shipping. But I’m concerned it’s a clone and that it seams to be missing parts. Any advice on this. I just messaged him asking if the rest of the parts are with it as he listed it as new open box. View attachment 287474View attachment 287475View attachment 287476View attachment 287477View attachment 287478View attachment 287479View attachment 287480View attachment 287481View attachment 287482
I have that same compressor and it works just as good. Enjoy!

IMO, save your money up and get a compressor that doesn't require you to use a bucket of ice.
Sure, ICE, only compressors that cost thousands of dollars last right?

I have two of them, work for me for the three years I've had them. Seems to fill my Red Wolf and Brococks with no issue and my tank?
Smitty

JT,
Hardcover Model, doubt you'll ever see it referred as that in an advertisement, is a basic model, just one grade over the Simple Model, that contains a cyclonic water separator. The Cyclonic water separator is a rectangular aluminum block, mounted vertical on the front side of the compressor, that has a red plastic cap with a pull ring. Simple Model will not have a water separator, and you'll want one. Hardcover Model has a plain glass face on the pressure gauge. Set Pressure and Auto Stop Models have a red plastic knob on gauge face, used to set pressures. These features cost extra, and you don't need them. You can tell by the price, too. Simple model cheaper, Set Pressure and Auto-Stop higher than Hardcover. Hope this helps, WM

JT,
That suspected clone you pictured is a copy of a Hardcover Model. See the Cyclonic Water Separator on 5th picture down with black electrical cord hanging on it? Also, note clear glass cover of pressure gauge. Paid best-homepro $272.50 for a Set Pressure Model in June 2021, but today I'd just get the Hardcover Model, look how much Yandel saved over me. WM

I hear people say get the “hardcover” model. How do I know which model is which?
The best-homepro seller on ebay seems to often times refer to the model you are looking for as the hardcover version or hardcover edition in part of the description, but you can't search for it that way. If you do a search for just "yong heng" and then choose the additional filters and choose to filter by seller and choose to only include the seller "best-homepro", then it will list just yong heng stuff sold by best-homepro. Maybe you already know this stuff. I didn't.
Anyway, best-homepro sometimes has the hardcover version in stock and sometimes they don't. I just kept checking ebay every day until finally they had some in stock that specifically said hardcover version, or hardcover edition, or something like that. I don't think it will say hardcover edition in the list of stuff for sale -- I think you have to click to see the info for the specific item in the list before you see the enhanced description of hardcover something. I'm sounding really confusing right now, even to myself. But I don't know how else to describe it.
grungy

Last edited by a moderator:
I am close to buying a Yong Heng as well to fill large tanks. I do like the auto stop feature on my GX portable so I don't go over pressure.....but the savings for a non auto stop is tempting. I am guessing when filling a large tank from to 2000 to 3600 psi the pressure doesn't rise as quickly as with a 580cc bottle from the same starting point so I can see how that might not be as important when you are talking 12 minutes vs 30 minutes plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty911
I am close to buying a Yong Heng as well to fill large tanks. I do like the auto stop feature on my GX portable so I don't go over pressure.....but the savings for a non auto stop is tempting. I am guessing when filling a large tank from to 2000 to 3600 psi the pressure doesn't rise as quickly as with a 580cc bottle from the same starting point so I can see how that might not be as important when you are talking 12 minutes vs 30 minutes plus.
Hi Geezerhood. This is just my opinion, but I would not buy the auto-shutoff version. Auto-shutoff only uses air pressure to decide when to shut down. The yong heng can get really hot and only YOU can watch the temperature guage and shut it down when the temp gets too high. Personally, I would never walk away from my yong heng while it's running.
grungy

OP as long as it looks exactly like a yong heng and doesn't have any brass fittings youre fine and it might as well be a yong heng, all these THATS NOT A YONG HENG guys can take a hike, theyre all produced in the same facilities (clones, real ones, oobie goojie super magic REALY YONG HENGS) don't stress.
IMO, save your money up and get a compressor that doesn't require you to use a bucket of ice.

I have never used ice, just ambient temp water that takes me all of a couple minutes to fill the bucket, I have been running mine for a year running seca lube 500 and have no issues , I dont even let it cool in between 15 minute runs anymore, just fill till its topped off, then swap to the next tank.