• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng questions

So got a YH, and, as luck will have it, I cant drive up the ISO AW 46 oil at any of local shops, could order it and wait OR use this .. generic ISO 46 I found.

Go / No go?

Also, did you have to put in the thermostat yourself? That wasnt covered in the manual either (or the batteries for that matter).

Teflon tape on the out hose?

The bleeding valves feel like they're half a size too small, a-lot of wiggle room. Normal?

Are you running the full 20 liters of cooling water?

Deminiralized water?

edit : Also, I read that the water should be level with the compressor, to increase flow. Why is that? I get it the first flow, but once water is coming out again, it should even out right? Gravity and all?

So got a YH, and, as luck will have it, I cant drive up the ISO AW 46 oil at any of local shops, could order it and wait OR use this .. generic ISO 46 I found.

Used the generic ISO 46 for a year then changed to the Husky, Home depot brand, for a year or two and it was fine but it smells bad. Changed to the Seco lube 500 which is the correct lube for High pressure compressors after that. Big plus is it doesn't smell much at all.

Also, did you have to put in the thermostat yourself? That wasnt covered in the manual either (or the batteries for that matter

Yes, you have to put the thermostat in. Use the 357 batteries they will last longer.

Teflon tape on the out hose?

The output hose gets one of the white plastic seals in the hole and then tighten down the hose fitting on it . Do not over-tighten or you will close the hole up.

The bleeding valves feel like they're half a size too small, a-lot of wiggle room. Normal?

Yes, they are loosey goosey in the threads it is normal. They seal with a plastic washer in the bottom. Once again do not over-tighten

Are you running the full 20 liters of cooling water?

The more water the longer you can run before you have to shutdown and let the compressor cool. Me I used half the water and added a jug of ice to it. Then I did my radiator and fan mod. I ran it for over twenty minutes after the mod and it never got over 60C.

Deminiralized water?

Filtered drinking water NOT Distilled water as it will eventually corrode the aluminum.

edit : Also, I read that the water should be level with the compressor, to increase flow. Why is that? I get it the first flow, but once water is coming out again, it should even out right? Gravity and all?

Yes, the compressor should be level with the water reservoir. The pump is not all that strong and flow will be reduced if you try to make it pump up hill.

Pumps are rated by flow and by how high they will pump. 

I was told it doesn't make any difference in a closed system though.

Still when I remove my return line and raise it up a couple feet the flow is reduced quite a bit.

Lots of Yong Heng info in the link.

Yong Heng post link

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-dedicated-yong-heng-subforum/#post-1127767

Yes, the compressor should be level with the water reservoir. The pump is not all that strong and flow will be reduced if you try to make it pump up hill.

Still when I remove my return line and raise it up a couple feet the flow is reduced quite a bit.

When you lift the return line you create head pressure that only exists when you lift the return line. When siphon equals lift the only head pressure is from the coolant contact with the inside of the lines.

Once the lines and are cooling passages are full the compressor could be 100 feet above the water pump and flow would be the same as if they were level with each other. 

Yes, I can see that is the case and it makes sense. I am doing my best to try and convince myself to let go of the old ways but having a really hard time with it for some unknown reason. ;^) I'll keep on it though. Brain function is not what it once was before the assault. Some simple things are way more difficult than one would imagine.

When you lift the return line you create head pressure that only exists when you lift the return line. When siphon equals lift the only head pressure is from the coolant contact with the inside of the lines.

Once the lines and are cooling passages are full the compressor could be 100 feet above the water pump and flow would be the same as if they were level with each other. 

Yea, that was my line of thinking...

First run today. Thanks everyone for your feedback, love it.

I've spend at least an hour, on the hand pump, getting the Factor up to 100 bar. (pump now dedicated to the sortie).

HY : It felt like a minute, 100->250 bar, stayed under 50 degrees too, towards the upper 40'ies it incremented like 0.1 degree every other second, so it was def. levelling off.

One thing that I was not expecting was the noise, damn, this thing should have a DB killer on it lol :):).

Anyway, right now, static, gonna be shooting in a new scope on this thing later today.

Again, thanks all.

Yes, I can see that is the case and it makes sense. I am doing my best to try and convince myself to let go of the old ways but having a really hard time with it for some unknown reason. ;^) I'll keep on it though. Brain function is not what it once was before the assault. Some simple things are way more difficult than one would imagine.

None of us were born with knowledge. Life is about learning and teaching others. Have fun while you do and don't forget to smile.