Yong heng question

When the pump reaches your desired pressure, open both bleed valves , close bottle valve , turn off compressor.

What i do is leave the water pump running for a good while after use as this cools the hot parts

Agree with this procedure. Opening drain valves before turning off compressor lessens load on the unit as well as possibly purging more moisture from the system. Heat dissipates pretty quickly once high pressure is relieved but allowing cooling system to run for at least a minute or so is probably a good thing.

You can do it either ways. Turning off the compressor before opening the valves will not do any harm to the compressor. My YH has auto shut off so it always turns off by itself while the valves are still closed. No problem whatsoever. The internal of the compressor is constantly under high pressure while it is running, there is no reason why it cannot stand the same pressure when the motor stops running. Actually without the motor working against the pressure, internal components such as the con rod bearing will be subject to less stress so turning the motor off will introduce no additional wear. 

I also had auto shutoff on my YH but I would usually shut if off manually AFTER bleeding due to reasons noted above. Will shutting it off under load harm it? Not certain but why take the chance, IMO, when bleeding would allow for a more gentle "transition" and possibly more moisture removal. No one knows for sure which might be better, if either method is indeed "better". As, you note above, always more than one way to do most things.

do not start or stop under pressure if you want it to last....imo.

probably the most important tip, at least dont start under pressure as the motor is not capable of starting under load. Best to start with bleed valves open bottle closed then close bleed valves until pressure is close to bottle pressure then open bottle until desired pressure is achieved, close bottle then open bleed valves. I ran mine for 30-40 minutes continuously. Stopping and starting isn't good for these small units. managing temp is key. I used a 5 gal bucket with ice and water. BTW with a good water filter/separator its not necessary to bleed it every 10 minutes. Just check the desiccant beads between fills. 

I have the auto shut off unit as well but when using it regularly I blew a few to many burst discs. When I bled the pressure first I did not blow any burst discs so I try to bleed the system first these days. Once I bleed the system I turn the unit off but let the stock water pump run for a few minutes to cool things down. To keep temps down, since I only use about two gallons of water, I put a frozen half gallon jug of water in the bucket. This allows me to run 15-20 minutes which is more than enough to do all of my tanks and guns.

Using a decent switched outlet strip or similar will keep you from forgetting to turn on the pump and overheating your compressor as I did several times.

Keeping the water supply at the same level as your compressor will help the water pump perform at it's best. My pump is two years old and still performs as per design.

Having the tank or gun higher than your compressor will help keep moisture out of tanks and guns as will a better filter. I use the three media unit myself.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html

Purging the system every few/five minutes or so will keep the moisture down considerably.

Changing the little HY filter every twenty minutes of use will help keep moisture down as well. Set the filter aside to dry and put it back in next time until it gets ugly then toss it.

I think you should go to ace hardware and buy a connection to put your garden hose directly into your compressor. It will have better flow and the water remains cool. That cheesy water pump they give you just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

agree on the cheesy wp mine would stop for no reason so I bought a Ryobi wet saw pump at home depot the tubing fits perfectly and much more dependable

I think you should go to ace hardware and buy a connection to put your garden hose directly into your compressor. It will have better flow and the water remains cool. That cheesy water pump they give you just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Mine ran fine for well over a year. Still runs when needed. A tile saw pump might be a little more reliable but if you set them up so that you can see water flow you'll know if it has stopped.

I see biohazardman has a persuader on hand lol

Yup plastic persuaders don't do so much damage so I doesn't have to buy new stuffs all the time? ;^) No really it is just there to keep the rubber line from coming out and pumping my $10 worth of red water, early pic so its' no there yet, all over the place. Added a bottle of Red Line Water Wetter tryin to keep the algae growth down.