Yong Heng Pressure Valve Oring

Hey guys could use some help. Not sure what this valve is but everytime I turn off the compressor it sounds like its leaking and its right under the pressure valve. I attempted to take it out and replace it but made it worse. Is there a trick to getting this little plastic gasket out. I was told to use a wood screw but isn't working.

Whats the trick

20230426_160338.jpg

If that's below where the output is, then that's where the pressure relief is supposed to be. Looking at other pictures there is first supposed to be a brass screw then the pressure relief screw that goes into it. As for those plastic washers I always used a pointed screwdriver and sometimes a drill. Now I use a heat gun to get it hot and pliable.

Reactions: FIDI_G
FIDI,
I've replaced that 10mm Delrin washer twice, wood screw threaded into center hole, pulled right out. Yours looks really squashed, reminds me of the Delrin washer I replaced under the gauge. I ended up using a sharp blade to carefully make a cut in the washer then pulled it out with small needle-nose pliers. Got to be careful not to damage hole threads. WM

Reactions: FIDI_G
Wait a minute, isn’t that the bleed valve seat?
Yes, pressure release valve seat is a Delrin washer, the rounded point of the black knobbed pressure release screw tightens into center of Delrin washer to seal. A brass fitting screws into the threaded hole, the pressure release screw threading into brass fitting. The Delrin washer pictured looks badly crushed, suspect heavy hand by owner before OP.

Got it, I didn’t realize it was just a delrin washer for a seat.
Design works well, just wears Delrin washer center out with required frequent pressure release valve use. Every couple of months, or so, I pressure up system with test plug and use spray bottle to check for leaks. Invariably, slow leaks found here, picked up a pack of 10mm Delrin seals on Amazon, easy to change if old seal not mashed by heavy hand when installing brass fitting. WM

If you're meaning the white Delrin (plastic) pressure ring, I've heated the end of a slotted screwdriver, smaller than diameter of plastic ring, and melted a "slot" for it to grab, then just unscrewed ring out.
This worked thanks. I got my heat gun out heated the crap out of the tip of a flat blade screwdriver and was able to screw it out. Thanks much.
FIDI,
I've replaced that 10mm Delrin washer twice, wood screw threaded into center hole, pulled right out. Yours looks really squashed, reminds me of the Delrin washer I replaced under the gauge. I ended up using a sharp blade to carefully make a cut in the washer then pulled it out with small needle-nose pliers. Got to be careful not to damage hole threads. WM
Yes i remembered you had told me and this is what I tried first. That's why the hole in the pic was so mangled. I used a wood screw screwed it in several mm and pulled on it. It did not want to come out. I tried the other method and although a little more involved it worked. Once the Delrin pressure ring was slotted with the screwdriver ( let it cool down) it unscrewed fairly easily.

Last edited:
I have a question though. On the bottom of the block there is a small hole that releases the pressure based on the black knob. When the compressor is ON is there a bypass? I can feel air coming out on the small hole under the block. Is this normal or is it supposed to be completely sealed. When I turn the compressor OFF I do have to snug it just a smidge to keep it sealed. It does seem to fill a bit faster now. Not sure if it's my imagination or if I actually fixed something. On the good side I've traced down one last tiny air leak with my soapy spray bottle. Ive got a tiny leak on the line on the very top of the head.

How important is it that the system has 0 leaks? I bought this used for $35 and spent $50 on parts to rebuild it. I'm down to one small leak :) Should I heat up the compressor and snug down the line or would you do it cold. It's leaking at bolt that threads into the top of the head not the line. I'll take a pic.

Last edited:
This worked thanks. I got my heat gun out heated the crap out of the tip of a flat blade screwdriver and was able to screw it out. Thanks much.

Yes i remembered you had told me and this is what I tried first. That's why the hole in the pic was so mangled. I used a wood screw screwed it in several mm and pulled on it. It did not want to come out. I tried the other method and although a little more involved it worked. Once the Delrin pressure ring was slotted with the screwdriver ( let it cool down) it unscrewed fairly easily.
Glad that worked for you (too). I also had the threads from the air breather snap off a couple times & used the same method with a larger screwdriver.

Reactions: WorriedMan
FIDDI,
Agree with rc4fun on the bleed hole. Regarding leaks, my latest test plug pressure leak/soapy spray bottle test revealed 4 leaks. The Delrin seal you just replaced, the Delrin under my gauge and both fittings on my copper-colored coalescing filter. YH was struggling overcoming all those leaks but suspect some leaks had been around awhile. After repairs, YH is back to filling like 6 months ago. I'll schedule test plug pressure leak tests every couple months just to spare the compressor the extra workload but suspect there will always be slow leaks someplace. My steel line was loose, same as yours, but didn't address until had the occasion to remove head. It was the fitting that screws into head that steel line attaches to that was loose, knowing that seal between steel line and that fitting can be a bear to re-seal, just left it alone. WM

I got all of the steel lines re-sealed It did take a lot of fiddling around (PITA). I got all of the lines that go into the two blocks sealed except the blow out valve I forget what you call it. The small brass nut with the small brass round shield. I'm afraid of snugging it down anymore. I have a feeling im going to over tighten and strip it out. But when the compressor is off and I spray some soapy water it does bubble ever so slightly. Not gonna worry about it. It's the second one I've replaced and WM sent me some brass shields. It's not broken inside but the little brass round washer is now concaved. Should I just leave it alone or is this why it's leaking?

The one thing that does concern me and maybe it's just the fan blowing is when the compressor is on and I put my hand under the aluminum blocks on each side I do feel quite a bit of air flowing. No idea where it's coming from or if it's a problem.

I think I am ok though here is why. If I pressurize the system get it up to 4000psi and turn off the compressor nothing is leaking except for the blow off brass thingy and that's a very slow leak. It's holds pressure very well. I don't even hear an audible leak. I have two filters on the pressure side and it takes roughly 3-4minutes to fill from around 125bar to 275-280 bar in about 3-4minutes. Never gets above 50degrees with just room temp cold water in a 5gal bucket.

It's working so I'm not going to mess with it any more. Thanks for all the help guys. Let me know if you think I'm good or if I need to really sort through the air blowing under the blocks.