• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng Oil Turns Black Fast!

:) any of you guys change the oil in your cars diy?
I was driving my VW TDi for 17 years and sold it with 570 K Km on odometer (stage 4 chip tuned). I never let anyone else to change the oil, my routine was about 10K Km.
Absolutely! My Tundra v6, with filter on top right, has to be the easiest thing to change. Trying to train truck to roll over on side to get to drain plug easier, but truck insist I slide under! LOL, no jacks needed.

At least some of the dark particles are carbon from the high pressure piston. The cylinder around that piston is what has water cooling. The high temperature and pressure the lubricant sees in that area is probably causing some breakdown. One of the purposes of oil is to take away contaminants so they do not damage the metal parts. The oil getting dirty is thus kind of a good thing.

I stored the oil from my first couple YH oil changes in a clear container for over a year. I hadn't decided how to get rid of it and it wasn't a lot. The particles definitely settled out and the oil got more clear. There was sludge at the bottom of the container when I emptied it. I change my cars oil and I put it in an old 5 gallon container so I don't have to run to the recycler every time I change a car's oil. That container gets sludge in the bottom too.

I think the only thing unique about the YH is they give us a sight window to check the level and we see the dirty oil in that sight window. I think the key things are to use good oil and change it relatively often. If you do that, I think you can forget what it looks like.

Reactions: Camaro454