• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Yong Heng Life span

I'm on my second compressor now. This time I chose the one with the Killswitch when reached the desired pressure...works great. My first yong heng lasted about three years. After a while the pressure gauge wasn't showing true anymore. I also had to change gaskets and piston...was overheating once due to disconnect of the water pump. But when there was an electrical issue and the compressor wasn't turning on anymore it was time for a new one. Now it serves as a spare part source.

Mine is coming up on 3 years. I have filled guns direct but nearly always fill 45 min SCBA tanks. I have 3 tanks and when I'm down to one full tank I will fill 2 tanks in the afternoon. I have a 5 gallon bucket with 1 gallon of ice inside and temp never gets above 50c filling a tank from 2700 to 4500. I give it a very long break after a tank is filled before next tank. I change oil very often (hydraulic oil) aw 46. I have changed the gauge a couple times and i just ordered more burst disc and I have a piston and gaskets on order. Its been well worth it for me. I shoot alot i have a place to shoot in my back yard.

MIne is a tad over two years old. I use it for filling guns as well as topping off tanks, some pretty big. I've not had to open it up yet, but am prepared for that day. A couple things I have noticed and try to adhere to:
-Keep the oil fresh, typically 4 or 5 hours is about it. I use RP and have had no issues, probably because I keep the unit cooler than spec'd.
-Keep it cool, I keep mine under 120 F. lots of fans. Fans will not last long if hard mounted to the compressor as it vibrates too much, so soft mount them.
-The crappy guage will NOT last. When it eventually explodes, probably due to the excessive vibration, replace it with an oil filled unit, done.
-Noise can be reduced by placing a bag of lead shot on top of the unit, 10lbs will do. This also helps to keep the unit from dancing around.
-4200psi is a good place to stop. I have found that along with keeping the unit a tad cooler, 4200psi will also keep you from popping burst disks...
-Start the unit with the bleed valves open, let it settle in, then close the valves.
-Keep a supply of spare parts on hand, because you just never know...and who wants to wait on China when there are critters to shoot?
-If your compressor just doesn't want to start when all else is good, move it's electrical connection (20 amp or better) to a different outlet or
thicker/shorter extention cable. Crummy (high) current will also cause more heating, so keep that voltage up and reduce line resistance as much as possible.

My 2.5 cents worth
Chris

I bought one on Ebay that did not have the YH painted on the side of the cover but has the black ID label that it is a YH compressor.
The dealer assured me it was a YH.
This is my second YH, which lasted about 3 years so I'm pretty familiar with the break-in process and using it.
Despite this, the second one lasted for I would guess less than 3 hrs. Definitely a lemon from the get-go.

After much messaging back and forth from the seller they agreed to take it back. I suspect my contacting Ebay helped.
Needless to say, I will never buy an off-brand YH even though it just has a black label saying it is genuine.
From what I gather others have had good luck with them.
IMG_2343.jpg

I bought one on Ebay that did not have the YH painted on the side of the cover but has the black ID label that it is a YH compressor.
The dealer assured me it was a YH.
This is my second YH, which lasted about 3 years so I'm pretty familiar with the break-in process and using it.
Despite this, the second one lasted for I would guess less than 3 hrs. Definitely a lemon from the get-go.

After much messaging back and forth from the seller they agreed to take it back. I suspect my contacting Ebay helped.
Needless to say, I will never buy an off-brand YH even though it just has a black label saying it is genuine.
From what I gather others have had good luck with them.View attachment 276855
I haven't seen any genuine ones with that plate, glad you got it sorted. I wouldn't put it past the other makers to not be shy about putting YH on these copies by using these plates.

Last edited: