• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng Leak help

Starting to hear air hissing and found a leak coming past the bolt on top as marked in the photo. What are my options on self fixing?

16151630012763837545782782951658.1615163022.jpg

What he said. ☝️☝️ I have had three leaks, in that area and all were Dowty seals under the top fitting. It gets very hot there and the rubber seals pay the price. Easiest way I have found, and often as not the only way to get the lines loose, is put the wrenches close together and squeeze them together with your hands. This will break the lines loose without spinning the fitting and damaging the lines.

The compressors are only as strong as their weakest link. And that link always seems to be the o-rings. Don't over-think it. If it's not getting up to pressure, you have another leak, or it's leaking in the same spot. Get a spray bottle with soapy water (dish-washing liquid), and try to run the compressor under load. Everywhere there's a stainless steel tube or a hose connection, give it a good squirt. If there's a leak, it will get nice and bubbly. Then you can address the leak. When you put those compressors back together, you need to tighten things down systematically. Say you remove one of the stainless steel tubes to replace the o-rings. Well, there are 2 ends of that tube. So start to thread them together. tighten one end a little bit, then shift to the other end and repeat. Don't just cinch it down on one side first. They can be temperamental. But if it's not coming up to pressure, then obviously there's a leak. Use the dish soap to find it. Keep it simple. Don't order parts if you don't need them.