Yong Heng isn't putting out too much pressure

I've only filled my 6.8L tank once and went to top it up today. The Yong Heng won't go over 200 bar (what my tank pressure is at). I had to remove the gauge on the pump as it was leaking from there at the end of the last fill so I put a bolt in there for now. Any ideas as to why it won't increase over 200 bar?

I believe there is some sort of a needle valve on the output.

A lot of ppl say to remove it, clean, and reassemble.

Will

Leak check every joint and connection. I've blown multiple dowdy seals, multiple o-rings, you name it. If you have extra filters or driers, check them very carefully. My secondary filter loves to blow rings. Some of the seals performed exactly the way you stated. It builds pressure to 1500 or 2000 PSI, then leaks. Weird.

Easy way to check some of these things is to turn off all the fans (stop as much air movement as you can) and just hold your hand in different places around the front of the compressor. Then do the same at every connection till you get to the tank. For areas that don't get hot (anything on the head gets too hot for this) you can use a little soapy water (a few drops per cup of water) and let the bubbles tell you where the leak is.

I also have a leaky seal at the moment. Not sure how or when I'll fix that but it doesn't seem to hurt the pressure much.

I've learned that my particular YH compressor can do a full 300 bar, but I stop more like 270 or so, it seems to be so much happier. That last few hundred PSI just causes all sorts of problems.

Keep us posted on your results.

Saltlake58 said it all and I agree with him.

I run the pressure up to where it stops then turn the unit off without purging and listen and feel for leaks.

I have had to replace a couple of Dowty seals on the head of the unit, several o-rings on the foster fittings and a couple on the filters as well over the last couple of years. Almost fergot I had to replace one of the stainless pipes on my first unit also.