Yong Heng is apart any questions?

You just gave me an idea to order some spare parts for case I would need. My compressor still less them five hours total and working well.

Is there a new design for the second stage piston + rod? I am seeing some pistons have 2 some 3 and some 4 pressure rings...

The four, two, and one-ring pistons are for different branded pumps. The YH pistons have three rings. The newer ones with thicker crowns look exactly the same to the naked eye as the older ones. They have been around now for quite some time. I would expect that anything ordered now would be the latest incarnation. I ordered a new piston and rod in April last year and it had the thicker first stage piston. The slightly beefier second stage piston upgrade was not available back then but has been around now long enough to be in the current stock. When ordering, make sure the part is specified for the YH branded model. I have seen revues from people who ordered the wrong parts and then complained about them when they didn't fit. I got mine from this supplier. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32952512274.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dZmEbmI

I am seeing some pistons have 2 some 3 and some 4 pressure rings...

Yong Heng has got three rings .

1594461566_16939953465f098d7e352170.13847719.JPG

The 2-ring and 4-ring designs are used in Tuxing compressors. 2 rings for low-end models ( looks like Yong Heng ) and 4 rings for high-end models ( no externally tubings, just a big head ). From the official on-line shop of Tuxing in China : 

1594461520_14286644805f098d504904e7.27172781.JPG

I attempted to change the rings only. a real pain to get them on ...

Not that difficult if you know the way. The Yong Heng people taught me this method. Only a metal rod is needed : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBh9pv-Ub90&feature=youtu.be

How the workers did it in the Yong Heng factory : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgg8YouWZfs&feature=youtu.be

That method works for the topmost ring, but to get the ring to the second or third you will have to use a pick to stretch and pull it over which leaves it somewhat stretched.

1594662872_499336535f0c9fd89a2bb9.36841203.jpeg
I fill my kral like this, screwed the kral probe right into the outgoing side of the stock YH filter.

But wanna buy the fittings thats required between it and a hatsan at44 docking station (to my understanding the at44 and kral = same fill probe)

I have a couple of steel 200 bar scuba bottles, wont be pushing the yong heng beyond that.

Does anyone know what size & thread the kral probe is? Online says 1/8 bsp but i tried one of those 1/8 bsp air venturi hoses and NEITHER end of that would fit on either the filter OR the probe OR the outgoing side of the compressor so thats why im asking :) 

Away from home for a few days and didnt bring any of this with me but I'm pretty close to a shop that deals in pcp guns and supplies, any assistance on my question would be much appreciated :)

Replacement parts arrived yesterday. The new parts I received are the better upgraded pistons. Put it back together and did a 2 min no load test run. Then a quick pressure check / top off fill of my 90 cuin tank. Followed by a 10 min run to top off my 6.8L tank. It appears to be running and building pressure fine. My only concern is that it is running a bit hotter than it used to. It peaked about 13-15°F higher than before the new parts were installed. It might just need a bit more run time to break in or the higher temp could be due to the faster fill rate with the new rings.

I did have one "damn it" during the rebuild. I was screwing the new high pressure piston top on to the old rod and went too tight; snapped the thread off. These parts are very tightly threaded and soft metal. I did also order a whole new lower/upper piston and connecting rod assembly so I just installed those parts. If you find yourself needing to do this repair, I would skip messing with the piston top and seals. Just order a new high pressure piston rod w/ seals assembly or the lower/upper piston and rod assembly. Parts are cheap enough but shipping is slowwwww...... (order a second spare).

The Yong Heng reminds me of my first car—-a used 1959 VW Beetle (Paid $70! The year was 1971. I was 16.)

Anyone familiar with those early Beetles know they ran on air cooled 4 cylinder engines. Simply engineered. You could take it apart and put it back together in an single afternoon.

The Yong Heng is similarly designed and constructed with very simple parts—-anyone with a wrench (and average intelligence) can fix her. 

I found this Note in a Chinese fortune cookie: "A wise and thoughtful man is one who treats Yong Heng like new born baby. He will see little crying and know lasting long life!"

:)

PEACE BROTHERS IN AIR!