Yong Heng Gauge Position

Hey all, I am mechanical inclined I work on outboards and a diy guy. I’m new to these little powerful compressors. I’m short physically, my compressor is on a bench in my shop it’s hard for me to accurately set and see the gauge I would rather not standing directly over this machine. So I want to reposition the gauge I ordered a 4” nipple and a female to female elbow so I can just stand back and watch it it’ll be a lot easier for me to keep an eye on it. Does this reposition effect the schematics of the compressor? again it’s a Yong Heng thank you

Another option would be to replace the center back gauge with a lower mount gauge so it faces you. It would eliminate the extra fittings and potential leak points. I buy a lot of gauges from directmaterial.com. Check out their PB158L-KO5 0-5000 psi gauge for $8.52. You'll need a 1.5" gauge because anything larger will require a reduction adapter since they will be 1/4 NPT threaded instead of 1/8 NPT.

Gauge1.1610635779.jpg

Reactions: txairgunner
I am usually filling my 9L fireman tanks (I have two older and one newer tank) to a max when the auto shot-of turns it OFF about 4200ish psi, but I am trying to be extra careful.

I have an external Temp measuring unit and me myself monitoring not to exceed 55C neither on a compressor head also cylinder head, also I have an inline extra Huma digital gauge to monitor the line air pressure.

20200306_212742.1610655434.jpg

Reactions: Chopper61
If I could weigh in. Can’t stand the quality control on these compressor temp probe. What I did was take a very small bit of epoxy right to the body on the inside. Coat the probe with grease actually I used thermal paste it’s very slippery. Stuck it in then pulled it out it made a cavity. Then when dried I simply put the probe back in. What you have to remember is high heat epoxy holds heat, so it takes longer to register however when u turn the compressor back on, it won’t register going higher till the temp exceeded the reading. I have found no rise in heat for 3-4 minutes no need to worry, just means it’s lower than temp it’s registered