• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong heng filling 60 minute scba from empty

Well, maybe if I don't let my tank, bottle, rifle drop below 150 bar, it won't take too long to fill up my molecular sieve unit. Although while it's filling I think I understand that the drive won't be doing much in the way of removing moisture as pressure is required to make that happen. I was hoping it was a simple inline add-on.
It’s one of those things that I never bothered to understand how it works. It just does.

After thinking about how my system is plumbed, I don't see where a back pressure device would do much of anything. Say the back pressure device is on the discharge side of a molecular sieve and after it I have nothing but a micro bore hose. The back pressure device would hold pressure in the sieve until it reached 140 bar. Then it would release a tiny bit of air to fill the micro bore hose and if my tank, gun, or bottle was over 140 bar, the entire system would have to build up to match the storage end pressure. Essentially it's only holding back the volume of the micro bore hose. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Depends who you ask if its necessary. According to Joe B the self proclaimed HPA scientist or whatever he calls himself, the water doesn’t get extracted from the air till at a certain pressure. All air below this magic pressure still contains moisture.

With that being said, Lots of guys are very successful without some sort of pressure regulator to bump up pressure before air starts flowing. Seems there are multiple ways to be successful.

The way mine is plumbed the regulator, which also works as a check valve, pressurizes the upper portion of the filter, the hose, and my fill set. I use scott scba tanks with the scott valve. There is no bleed off on the vank or valve so I have a bleed on my fill sets. Just be sure you have a way to bleed off the HPA that is held back by the reg/check valve.

Depends who you ask if its necessary. According to Joe B the self proclaimed HPA scientist or whatever he calls himself, the water doesn’t get extracted from the air till at a certain pressure. All air below this magic pressure still contains moisture.

With that being said, Lots of guys are very successful without some sort of pressure regulator to bump up pressure before air starts flowing. Seems there are multiple ways to be successful.

The way mine is plumbed the regulator, which also works as a check valve, pressurizes the upper portion of the filter, the hose, and my fill set. I use scott scba tanks with the scott valve. There is no bleed off on the vank or valve so I have a bleed on my fill sets. Just be sure you have a way to bleed off the HPA that is held back by the reg/check valve.
Am I wrong in thinking there's a check valve in most bottles and tubes mounted to guns? Once the sieve fills to whatever pressure my bottle or gun tube is, which I'm thinking will be around 110 - 140 bar, then the sieve will start removing moisture just like yours does, but also start pushing air into the gun.

Am I wrong in thinking there's a check valve in most bottles and tubes mounted to guns? Once the sieve fills to whatever pressure my bottle or gun tube is, which I'm thinking will be around 110 - 140 bar, then the sieve will start removing moisture just like yours does, but also start pushing air into the gun.
If all you do is fill guns then yes, pressure in entire system will equalize to gun pressure. Even tanks without a check valve will work to raise pressure in system before any air moves.

I guess you only really need the regulator/check if your filling something that starts out below 110 bar or so